Can't Sleep

Ever since the discussions on saving drum corps have been going on, I find myself in deep thoughts about this "problem." I personally though all was well in DCI and DCA when someone informs us that there is a "problem." The other thing that keeps me awake and stressing out about is that I went to college in my 30's to become a music teacher. Now I find out that people hate music majors! What am I to do?

Here I thought the musicianship of drum corps had improved every year since 1972. Drills were even better. Now the "experts" are saying this is not the way to run drum corps. I refer to Dr. Boo from time to time as well as Dr. Puppet to clear my mind, but what else can be done?

LOL

Funny thing is I am not on alot. I pop in, read some posts, maybe comment and I am gone.

I recommend Bourbon......LOTS of Bourbon. :tongue:

Note: Scotch will work too.

Ever since the discussions on saving drum corps have been going on, I find myself in deep thoughts about this "problem." I personally though all was well in DCI and DCA when someone informs us that there is a "problem." The other thing that keeps me awake and stressing out about is that I went to college in my 30's to become a music teacher. Now I find out that people hate music majors! What am I to do?

Here I thought the musicianship of drum corps had improved every year since 1972. Drills were even better. Now the "experts" are saying this is not the way to run drum corps. I refer to Dr. Boo from time to time as well as Dr. Puppet to clear my mind, but what else can be done?

Dr. Boo says take two aspirin and call me when certain people stop posting on DCP.

• Like 1

Here I thought the musicianship of drum corps had improved every year since 1972. Drills were even better. Now the "experts" are saying this is not the way to run drum corps. I refer to Dr. Boo from time to time as well as Dr. Puppet to clear my mind, but what else can be done

LOL

Your last line pretty much says it all. Laughing at what needs to be laughed at is the best medicine. BTW I am not to be confused with Dr. Pepper. And lastly, as an English Major I am certainly glad that Music Majors have taken some of the onus off of us wordsmiths.

Edited by Puppet

Your last line pretty much says it all. Laughing at what needs to be laughed at is the best medicine. BTW I am not to be confused with Dr. Pepper. And lastly, as an English Major I am certainly glad that Music Majors have taken some of the onus off of us wordsmiths.

Drum Corps is an awesome actvity, Keith! Always has been and still is!

Here is a medical perscription for you. Pull out your DVDs from 2011 and while you are at it, watch the following youtube ad for the BluRay DVDs and take note of what Dennis DeLucia says....

If it helps, play that comment back about 20 times until Dennis's voice saying ""this is the greatest drum corps show I've ever seen" is stuck in your head :music: . It's the truth no matter what the naysayers say. You can trust a DCI Hall Of Famer more than some disgruntled DCP poster hiding behind a computer screen who many of which probably never ever marched in a DCI World Class Finalist before.

Lastly, don't ever click the "Saving Drum Corps" threads again. I've never clicked them myself, because I know how moronic and hyperbolicly negative the posts contained in the thread are without even looking at a single page of it.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Edited by bmjfelts1988

Hi Keith,

I would say that if you are ACTUALLY loosing sleep because of the postings of ANYONE on DCP that you, or anyone suffering from the same fate should:

1) Immediately sign off of DCP

2) Do not sign back on for quite some time

3) Seek professional assistance

If you are just picking at nits in your spare time... Go ahead and carry on, have fun and enjoy your day!