More Realistic List

Stu

> would you pay the same for a Chevy as you would a Mercedes?

Nope, unless you are talking about the Corvette; but even at that I would not pay a SLS AMG price for a Corvette.

> I know what you are saying but OC corps even with a sched. less than some WC corps it still costs a fortune to have a drum corps today.

Really? The cost to operate Forte and Music City which stay regional then trek to finals is that similar to the cost of operating the Cadets or Regiment who go coast to coast to coast? Really?

no doesnt cost the same but you actually want to compare those 2 to the others? AND yes even those corps spend wayyyy more than corps ever did back in the day

Ever notice that Cabs Jr starts these posts and then danielray continues them? Hmmmmmm

Edited by KeithHall

no doesnt cost the same but you actually want to compare those 2 to the others? AND yes even those corps spend wayyyy more than corps ever did back in the day

> you actually want to compare those 2 to the others?

Yes; and not just those two corps but compare all corps from the Cadets through the OC finalists; because when all cost to the performer is totaled (dues, transportation to/from camps, etc) that cost to the performer differential is not anywhere proportionate to the touring cost and competitive placement differential of the various corps.

HS football is the same today as it was in 1972; so where is the cause/effect of football increasing the qualitative aspects of HS marching bands over the years who now compete in BOA, TOB, etc?

Joking. It is actually drum corps that has improved the quality of marching bands. Really.

Actually, you are the only poster here that isn't me. All other accounts on the site are just me, biding my time until I'm let out of the basement.

So, I guess that I am just your alter ego/personality playing devils advocate for sake of argument? :devil:

Joking. It is actually drum corps that has improved the quality of marching bands. Really.

Drum corps has increased the HS marching band participation while decreasing it's own drum corps participation? Sounds like a great plan to me!!!!