WGI Promotions?

ATXguard

Cypress Creek, although not going to WGI, has also been bumped to Scholastic Open.

Here's my list so far, let me know if there are additions.

SA -> SO: Nease, Francis Howell North, Marcus, Cypress Creek

SRA -> SA: Billerica

Cypress Creek is signed up for Dayton. I am glad to see that WGI is utilizing the mid season promotion more in the last few years. What I find interesting is that 2 of the 4 guards that were promoted from A to Open were in Open class within the last 3 years and dropped down.

Cypress Creek is signed up for Dayton. I am glad to see that WGI is utilizing the mid season promotion more in the last few years. What I find interesting is that 2 of the 4 guards that were promoted from A to Open were in Open class within the last 3 years and dropped down.

Oops, sorry, I looked at the list too quickly.

Also, South Forsyth HS has moved from Sch. A to Sch. Open

Edited by guardguy05

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Ramona High School (Riverside, CA) was promoted from Scholastic A to Scholastic Open. GREAT show - hope to be able to see it in finals in April!

Looks like Ramona High School (Riverside, CA) was promoted from Scholastic A to Scholastic Open. GREAT show - hope to be able to see it in finals in April!

Dekaney and Ramona both scored an 81.8 last weekend at regionals, but only Ramona was promoted. My guess is Dekaney will not get promoted because each guard can only be reviewed for promotion once per season. Since they placed in the top three at the Austin regional in the second week, they were probably reviewed at that time. And no matter how refined their program becomes between that first review and Dayton, they can not be promoted.

Dekaney and Ramona both scored an 81.8 last weekend at regionals, but only Ramona was promoted. My guess is Dekaney will not get promoted because each guard can only be reviewed for promotion once per season. Since they placed in the top three at the Austin regional in the second week, they were probably reviewed at that time. And no matter how refined their program becomes between that first review and Dayton, they can not be promoted.

Yup, those are the rules. Only one review per season. If you're not promoted then, you won't be promoted later in the season.

haha It is a good show, i liked it better last year when i saw it!! lol They are using the exact same show

• Like 1