Fan Network -- Who Do You Like?

Fan of the Arts

it seems Fantasia is on there now

yes,in probably one of the worst designed,pandering,ill concieved "world class" programs i have watched this season...very little redeeming value.....just awful! :thumbdown:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 4

yes,in probably one of the worst designed,pandering,ill concieved "world class" programs i have watched this season...very little redeeming value.....just awful! :thumbdown:

agreed! Ugh...and the show is entitled 'A Good German' :doh:

11+ million people were murdered in the Holocaust for crying out loud!

Perhaps a better approach to this show would have been an adaption of Viktor Frankl's "Man's Search for Meaning"

Heck...even that is a better show title. ...and that's not even addressing the design and technique issues I saw. :ph34r:

• Like 2

aside from the creators,the other people who should be lined up and shot in this show are the judges who have rewarded it. :tongue:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 3

aside from the creators the other people who should be lined up and shot in this show are the judges who have rewarded it. :tongue:

& this is why I like you! You speak the truth!!! :worthy:

• Like 1

Guys I feel this is rather unfair! It wouldn't be the first year someone has done a show not everybody appreciated. But yet WGI is called "the sport of the arts". So therefore people create shows like this.... It is creative! In your eyes you may see it differently. I suppose trying to change the activity years ago with a variety of dance wasn't frowned upon? Now look where the activity has gone! A lot less guards coming to Dayton! So don't persecute the risk takers!

Guys I feel this is rather unfair! It wouldn't be the first year someone has done a show not everybody appreciated. But yet WGI is called "the sport of the arts". So therefore people create shows like this.... It is creative! In your eyes you may see it differently. I suppose trying to change the activity years ago with a variety of dance wasn't frowned upon? Now look where the activity has gone! A lot less guards coming to Dayton! So don't persecute the risk takers!

Even aside from the concept, the show is just not good. Horrible technique, bad staging, bad transitions. There's nothing new or innovative about this show...it's just a lot of things we've seen before arranged into a pretty unimpressive show.

Edited by colorguardboy86
  • Like 3

Fantasia - Well, this show is certainly interesting. I feel, though, as if I have already "been there, done that" in terms of the equipment choreography. Nothing new to spin all rifle (Indio High School 1998 did it better IMO). Nothing new to toss big tosses (and was it me or did they seem sloppy and/or slow to rotate?). I love Fantasia, but I think this show lots its appeal faster than any other. Will they make finals? I'm sure they will, as they are talented, have a GREAT costume, and the music and staging work well together. I honestly wanted a flag to pop out - just one flag even. Oh well. 2011 was better.