Fan Network -- Who Do You Like?

Fan of the Arts

This maybe true, and is disputable! However innovation/creativity should never be questioned as it art!!!!

its funny how judges a few years back refused to judge a guard ( a bad one ) for some aids show that people were dying all over the floor..saying it was offensive, etc etc..there was an up roar amoung people who judged them BUT fantasia does a show like this and its art. As said the beautiful people will say its art and the wanna beees will follow.....classic!

the big question is if some not so good A guard did this would it be allowed.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm or accepted..there always has been a huge double standard in our activity thats for sure.

Edited by GUARDLING

As with the times things have grown to be more liberal. It's just the simple fact that our activity has gotten to a point where people are running out of innovative material. I think if anyone steps across a line it shouldn't be censored. There are many stereotypes involved with winter guard, it's just a shame that we have to analyze it to a point where we throw stones and persecute those that do something different. How about Northmont when they hung a girl? Was that censored? Now as a matter of fact it is a fan favorite... Makes you wonder why we are discussing this when a High School does that. Don't get me wrong I loved that show, but I also love the rich history of this activity. Maybe some should wonder more where our creativity has gone. Because I look forward to seeing something new.... Not just the same old material.

• Like 1

As with the times things have grown to be more liberal. It's just the simple fact that our activity has gotten to a point where people are running out of innovative material. I think if anyone steps across a line it shouldn't be censored. There are many stereotypes involved with winter guard, it's just a shame that we have to analyze it to a point where we throw stones and persecute those that do something different. How about Northmont when they hung a girl? Was that censored? Now as a matter of fact it is a fan favorite... Makes you wonder why we are discussing this when a High School does that. Don't get me wrong I loved that show, but I also love the rich history of this activity. Maybe some should wonder more where our creativity has gone. Because I look forward to seeing something new.... Not just the same old material.

you just proved a point..northmount was part of the inner circle at the time AGAIN if it were some A guard it would NEVER have been accepted..Im all for new and want to see the envelope pushed BUT just because someone at the top says its art or new or innovative, doesnt make it so

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

How about Northmont when they hung a girl? Was that censored?

No but it should have been! :satisfied:

as for it being a fan fav there's no accounting for bad taste in our activity [by fans,designers and judges] and these type of shows are living proof! :blink:

Edited by dugg
  • Like 1

Been watching FN off and on for 2 weeks now; I bounce around, watch 02/18/12 and 03/25/12 and back ‘cause a few made changes to their show; cool! I picked what you picked and randomly picked, wrote the date and guard name on a sheet of paper, added 1, 2 or 3 first impression words and put a smile beside what I like. The ones with a :smile: so far and in random order are Phoenix, Oak Grove, Lemoore, SCV, O2, West Johnston, Lawrence Central, Father Ryan, Black Watch, First Flight and Trumbull. Excuse me; gotta a lot more viewing to do.

Later

Linda

PS my internet is intermittent. The cable guy (my ISP) is coming tomorrow morning, April 1st, between 8-10 am. I kid you not! Too funny! lol night night :smile:

Amaichi! :worthy:

this program is sublime,sophisticated and sensitive,the performers are exquisite and very well trained,the design is superbly presented and layered seamlessly.the show connects with a tremendous resonance and should be extremely well recieved by the judging community and fans alike!

attention must be paid!

Edited by dugg
  • Like 6

The cable guy fixed my internet (yes!) I'm in MST, have Ultimate package. Are webcasts part of the package? And if so, when can I watch multi venue webcasts Thurs, Fri, Sat?

Help please! from an ultimate newbie :)

How did you see it??

Amaichi! :worthy:

this program is sublime,sophisticated and sensitive,the performers are exquisite and very well trained,the design is superbly presented and layered seamlessly.the show connects with a tremendous resonance and should be extremely well recieved by the judging community and fans alike!

attention must be paid!