1991 Phantom Regiment

• 3 weeks later...

I first saw that show in Michigan City early on, and I was jumping up and down backfield, yelling "They're playing JAZZ! And it's good as he##! That soloist is screamin'!!".

It remains one of my favorite shows of all time!

• Like 1

i've never been a huge pr fan (althought the brass performance in intro to 4th ballet suite was so #$(*@&(*$#@ amazing i can't help but listen to it whenever i think about it, and this has been going on for the past 5 years -- i think im obsessed), but 1991 pr is one of my favorite shows of all time. so far, it's actually my favorite pr show ever (though i have to admit that i haven't watched some of the best pr shows, according ot the general consensus, that have been performed -- but im still trying to get some time to watch pr 88, 89, and Tsar Pilato's DM year + 93, lol)...but having kept up with pr from 95 till now, give/take a year here and there (i havent kept up with the activity like i should have in 01 and 02), i really, really love pr 91. it has its faults, obviously, you can pick them out easily so i wont even mention the stuff. but there was so much emotion on that field. and i dont know if i made this up myself, or if someone else came up with this before me, but i honestly believe that in 90/91, pr put a curse on the baccanale (probably why i can't spell it right, nikk), so that any marching ensemble can never play it like it was meant to be played. phantom's 91 finals performance will always have a special place in my mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Rumor has it that Phantom's 1991 show, which was called "Phantom Voices," was originally going to be called "Phantom at the Opera." Is this true? Anyone? Bueller? Pilato?

Yes, that is true.

It was changed so as to avoid confusion...the staff didn't want people to misread and think that we were performing "Phantom of the Opera."

I still think that is a great title for a show, and would love to see them do opera again someday.

• Like 1

Rumor has it that Phantom's 1991 show, which was called "Phantom Voices," was originally going to be called "Phantom at the Opera." Is this true? Anyone? Bueller? Pilato?

Yes, that is true.

It was changed so as to avoid confusion...the staff didn't want people to misread and think that we were performing "Phantom of the Opera."

I still think that is a great title for a show, and would love to see them do opera again someday.

I heartily agree!