Alumni Spectacular at DCA 2012

I have heard a lot of "Corps Names" saying they will be in the BIG ALUMNI show.

We can be Very Sure, Hawthorne Caballeros, NY Skyliners. That's TWO.

But, I have heard that:

Bayonne Bridgemen

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

Yankee Rebels

Reilly Raiders

Park City Pride

Scout House

St. Joe's Batavia

Boston Crusaders SR

Toronto Opimists

Les Diplomat's

Freelancers

Florida Brass Alumni

Westshoremen

Hanover Lancers

Royal Airs Alumni

Steel City Ambassadors

I have heard all, EITHER applied, or have been Approved. I know as a FACT. There Wil Not Be 18 Corps in the show.

When Can someone from DCA let us know for sure. Who will be the Lucky 10. (Could they even go to 12?) Time limits and all makes me think 10 will be MAX.

Edited by 2B or not 2B

I have heard a lot of "Corps Names" saying they will be in the BIG ALUMNI show.

We can be Very Sure, Hawthorne Caballeros, NY Skyliners. That's TWO.

But, I have heard that:

Bayonne Bridgemen

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights

Yankee Rebels

Reilly Raiders

Park City Pride

Scout House

Boston Crusaders SR

Toronto Opimists

Les Diplomat's

Freelancers

Florida Brass Alumni

Westshoremen

Hanover Lancers

Royal Airs Alumni

I have heard all, EITHER applied, or have been Approved. I know as a FACT. There Wil Not Be 16 Corps in the show.

When Can someone from DCA let us know for sure. Who will be the Lucky 10. (Could they even go to 12?) Time limits and all makes me think 10 will be MAX.

Actually "B", you're more right than you know. All of these corps, as well as two or three more, will be performing in Annapolis.

The plan calls for two alumni shows - one at the usual time on Sunday morning and one on Sunday afternoon. Between those shows, however, will be the First Annual Alumni Corps Barbeque and Bowling Tournament.

Then, based upon audience reaction, eight of them will be selected to perform at Finals on Sunday night - two before the show, two between class A and Open, two midway through Open Class, and two at the end of the show. Immediately after that will be the First Annual Alumni Beer Bash and Prosthetic Count. The alumni corps with the most prosthetic implants - artificial knees, hips, elbows, shoulders, etc. - will be declared the winner and gets to drink the beer free.

And then to cap it all off, on Monday morning will be the First Annual Alumni Corps Bus Race up I-95 North - with Fran Haring calling the race from the center lane.

Sounds like a fun weekend....

Actually "B", you're more right than you know. All of these corps, as well as two or three more, will be performing in Annapolis.

The plan calls for two alumni shows - one at the usual time on Sunday morning and one on Sunday afternoon. Between those shows, however, will be the First Annual Alumni Corps Barbeque and Bowling Tournament.

Then, based upon audience reaction, eight of them will be selected to perform at Finals on Sunday night - two before the show, two between class A and Open, two midway through Open Class, and two at the end of the show. Immediately after that will be the First Annual Alumni Beer Bash and Prosthetic Count. The alumni corps with the most prosthetic implants - artificial knees, hips, elbows, shoulders, etc. - will be declared the winner and gets to drink the beer free.

And then to cap it all off, on Monday morning will be the First Annual Alumni Corps Bus Race up I-95 North - with Fran Haring calling the race from the center lane.

Sounds like a fun weekend....

Wow, Thank God we have you to quell all those wild-a** rumors, Andy!

See ya on the starting line.

Ray

I heard all of those corps will be showing up.....

all at the same time :devil:

When does the "offical" announcement usually come out? Heard some things but waiting for the real word...

PS - Does big toe joint replacement count in the "First Annual Alumni Beer Bash and Prosthetic Count". :ph34r:

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Although I find some of the replies "Funny and Cute". I had thought it a Reasonable post.

I know everyone of the Corps mentioned would make, Excellent representitives. That having heard all those names mentioned as had "Applied" or have already been "Approved". I just wondered. When Will A List, of such be Released by DCA.

Also just in case, you that have posted your "Funny/Cute" remarks are un-aware. The Alumni (type) Corps have a bit of an image problem outside the Northeast. They (Alumni (type) Corps) are ALREADY thought of as nothing more than, "a bunch of Old Drunks trying to Reclaim their Youth". I know that is NOT true. I know, I sat with a few people from the mid west one year who had Never seen Alumni (type) Corps like, Cabs, St. Joe's, Skyliners, Bridgemen, Park City, BSGK, etc. They were Very Surprised and enjoyed every Corps. Yes, they would go again. That the "Alumni Spectacular" Is, Was, and Will be a Show of Good Quality, Fun, Entertaining, and well worth the cost of Addmision.

I know, I would Not want to be the one who determins. Who is In, and Who is Not.

"And DOWN the stretch they come!!!!" LOL

Edited by Fran Haring

"And DOWN the stretch they come!!!!" LOL

Westshore blue has taken the lead, followed by Scouthouse on the outside with Steel City right behind. It's Westshore Blue, its Scouthouse, it's Steel city...Sky with a late surge!!!! *big hit*

Westshore blue has taken the lead, followed by Scouthouse on the outside with Steel City right behind. It's Westshore Blue, its Scouthouse, it's Steel city...Sky with a late surge!!!! *big hit*

Steward's inquiry... hold all tickets... :tongue:

Steward's inquiry... hold all tickets... :tongue:

Please, don't let there be a stopwatch involved! sigh

BTW, definites that I know of include Sky, Cabs, Reilly, BSGK and B'men. YR will be performing on Friday night after the mini corps, from what I've been told.

And with Sky, BS and Bayonne all in the show, I can't wait to see Charlie "Darth" Vayda perform his mystifying "change uniforms routine". It takes quite a bit of effort to keep all the music straight, in his head!

Knowing him, it will be flawless, as usual.

Ray

• Like 1