DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

Since Red Bull Stadium in Harrison was mentioned, how about PPL Park in Chester PA (just outside of Philly)?

ppl-park-philadelphia-union.jpg

No upper deck, but a nice wrap-around stadium that should have pretty good acoustics.

And if that won't work, that new 18,000 seat, $60 million behemoth of a high school stadium down in Allen TX, just outside of Dallas, would certainly work :tongue:

Practice.jpg

Since Red Bull Stadium in Harrison was mentioned, how about PPL Park in Chester PA (just outside of Philly)?

No upper deck, but a nice wrap-around stadium that should have pretty good acoustics.

And if that won't work, that new 18,000 seat, $60 million behemoth of a high school stadium down in Allen TX, just outside of Dallas, would certainly work :tongue:

Practice.jpg

Speaking of Allen TX....

AllenHS.jpg

high school :blink:

It IS Texas, after all.

Practice.jpg

looked into Chester for a local band circuit. real grass, neighborhood makes PAetec look suburban, and prices will be a lot more than Annapolis

looked into Chester for a local band circuit. real grass, neighborhood makes PAetec look suburban, and prices will be a lot more than Annapolis

Nothing wrong with real grass if it's well-kept. I'd expect that since it's an MLS venue, the carpet would be nothing short of impeccable.

Another great option might be Crew Stadium in Columubus OH. One of the best stadiums I've ever performed at hands down, great facilities, parking and concessions, a major urban environment, and very well-situated to be conveniently accessible to both east coast corps and midwest corps (and west coast corps won't have quite as far to travel).

• Like 1

Another great option might be Crew Stadium in Columubus OH. One of the best stadiums I've ever performed at hands down, great facilities, parking and concessions, a major urban environment, and very well-situated to be conveniently accessible to both east coast corps and midwest corps (and west coast corps won't have quite as far to travel).

or Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio.

Tons of Hotels, schools, restuarants, etc. in the area,.............

Nothing wrong with real grass if it's well-kept. I'd expect that since it's an MLS venue, the carpet would be nothing short of impeccable.

actually for a championship event, especially during hurricane season, you almost have to have artifical turf and a ###### good drainage system. No way with the rain we had last Saturday or in 06 real turfwould have worked.

The problem with that stadium is not necessarily the stadium, but what Jeff alluded to:

Beautiful Downtown Chester. :spitting:

That area is a horror show.

Another great option might be Crew Stadium in Columubus OH.

THAT would be cool!!! College town... great part of the country... and so forth.