Used Battery Percussion

cjrhythm

Hello Marching Community!

After asking around my local area of Central New York, I thought I'd post to see if anyone out there had a lead on a used set of battery percussion. If anyone knows of a used set that is in playable condition (not looking for damaged junk requiring hardware, or with shell damage), please reply with an email address in which to correspond. Here's what we're looking for in terms of equipment:

4-8 snares

2-4 tenors

4-6 basses

2-4 pairs of cymbals

Not looking for a free handout of equipment, just reasonably-priced gear that would allow us to get a new community ensemble off the ground for the summer. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading and have a good day.

Check with Forks Drum Closet - they carry used Pearl DCI gear. (use the Contact page)

http://www.forksdrumcloset.com/cart.html?m=splash

For that matter, also check with Dynasty (use their contact page) - they sometimes will help lines resell old drums.

http://dynastyband.com/about

Yamaha resells through their vendors - basically any Yamaha dealer can look up and/or purchase their used drum corps gear.

Ebay won't be much help with outfitting a whole line at once. Usually.

You might drop a line to Carolina Crown (thecrownstore.com) - they sometimes get a line on used band equipment.

There's some places to start. Hope that helps!

Mike

I second the comment on Fork's.

Fork's is the official reseller for Pearl/Adams equipment that is used by DCI & WGI lines. You'll need to call there and ask for Alan and he can tell you what equipment is available. However, they're going to request that you order the complete line (or at least 90-95% of the line so they only have to sell 1-2 orphan drums).

Their prices don't include harnesses though, however they'll sell you used harnesses as well.

Several Corps sell used equipment directly, e.g the Cadets, and I don't think they require you buy in sets and they sell battery, horns and pit equipment. However these sales usually start soon after the season is over, e.g. September, so looking for these sales in March is bad timing and this may make it tough to buy other than the whole set at a time as Fork apparently requires.

Keep looking at the DCP site and you may find an opportunity. Good luck.

Kevin

One option would be to rent for a season while you search. Some high schools will rent the equipment in the off season, especially if you have a connection to the school. There is always the defunct corps that would rent while they take the season off, or off season for that matter, keep asking around if you budget is tight.

I plan on starting a group next summer when I retire from my current job. I have some snares and I'm currently building/collecting the rest. It's taken some time on eBay to get it all together and lots of elbow grease but it can be done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there. I saw your post. I was in your position last year. So, I know how hard it can be.

I have a full set of Pearl:

8 snares

4 tenors

6 basses

Sabian Cymbals

Carriers and stands for all

Bags for cymbals

Cases for all except a snare

No missing parts.

This is my friends DCP account. Mine is new, so it wouldn't let me write you. I sent you a private message with my contact info. They can be crated and sent to you fairly easily. I will sell very cheap.

Edited by kumachan

• 2 weeks later...

We have access to a dark cherry red / matte hardware Yamaha line.

Contact me at eric@carolinacrown.org

I have a set of Pearl drums for sale. They are black and are 2-5 y/o. They are as follows:

5 ea. Pearl FFX championship snare drums (1 needs a snare strainer)

3 st. Pearl PMT championship tenors (6/10/12/13/14)

1 st. Pearl PMT championship tenor (8/10/12/13)

6 ea. Pearl PBD championship bass drums (16/18/20/22/26)

I also have another 18" black bass drum that I'd throw in. All drums are in good condition and will also include assorted harnesses (vest carriers & Randal May carriers). All drums come with Pearl covers.

These drums can be picked up in the greater Boston area.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a DYNASTY 24'' Bass Drum Black finish with silver hardware. Comes with case and carrier NEVER USED Asking $350.00.

Also have 3 LUDWIG BD 22'' 26'' 28'' Red gloss finish need new heads rims need repainting no carriers need a bit of TLC but still good drums. $75.00 ea.

All are in Niagara Falls NY.

www.militairesalumni.com

Edited by CANDRUMMER

Keep an eye out here: http://yamahapercussion.wordpress.com/?adid=BlogUsedGearJan12

Yamaha will be posting any used DCI gear fairly soon I would think.

• Like 1