Phantom Regiment 2012

Almost SHOW TIME!

Stands filling.

Phantom Regiment brass warming up about 1/4 mile in front of us. Guard to the left. Pit in the lot.

Can't wait!!!

Any chance that you will write a review after the run-throughs?

cw

Tonight's 2 run throughs at the Dress Rehersal event showed us how hard Phanton is working on their program.

Louder.

Cleaner.

The guard had another new flag to work with and wore their usual 'praticeware' ( my word not theirs) with some of their new uniforms. The sewing crew is still busy with finishing all of the guard unis by Thursday.

There is a building energy with the corps as they get more familiar. Again, I am amazed how the brass plays off the drums who play off the pit. It HAS to flow or else!

Great DM work. He has great control of the show and the corps members.

IMO the visual of this show is going to score big.

I heard people around me comment on 'how far ahead of schedule this years corps seems to be'. I agree! And there is so many ways this show could go as the season progresses.

Again, you will need to see this show more than once. At least once to follow the great guard work, at least once to watch the moves the brass make, at least once to follow the drums (especially the snares), find the story characters and once or more to follow the pit. Really! There is so much going on!

Mark my word, Phantom is going to pop visually and you will be humming the tunes for hours!

Great job Phantom Regiment! I cannot/will not give out you secrets.....don't worry Phans it's worth the wait!!!

• Like 2

Tonight's 2 run throughs at the Dress Rehersal event showed us how hard Phanton is working on their program.

Louder.

Cleaner.

The guard had another new flag to work with and wore their usual 'praticeware' ( my word not theirs) with some of their new uniforms. The sewing crew is still busy with finishing all of the guard unis by Thursday.

There is a building energy with the corps as they get more familiar. Again, I am amazed how the brass plays off the drums who play off the pit. It HAS to flow or else!

Great DM work. He has great control of the show and the corps members.

IMO the visual of this show is going to score big.

I heard people around me comment on 'how far ahead of schedule this years corps seems to be'. I agree! And there is so many ways this show could go as the season progresses.

Again, you will need to see this show more than once. At least once to follow the great guard work, at least once to watch the moves the brass make, at least once to follow the drums (especially the snares), find the story characters and once or more to follow the pit. Really! There is so much going on!

Mark my word, Phantom is going to pop visually and you will be humming the tunes for hours!

Great job Phantom Regiment! I cannot/will not give out you secrets.....don't worry Phans it's worth the wait!!!

I know people say things like "the kids are working so much harder," etc. However, I have to say that this year's group is hungry and working extremely hard. This corps returns a lot of horn members from last year and is much more mature (age-wise) than last year's. I expect great things from them.

• Like 2

Well, I was at Stillman Valley and I must say I was disappointed in PR. The hornline just is not a PR hornline, you can tell JD is gone. The drumline, well you can tell that Rennick is gone. I think they have a lot of work to do. I spoke to a staff member who said, we have a lot of young babes this year. The corps actually seemed nervous during the first performance. The second run through was clearly much better, but I expected the corps to be a higher level even for June. I wish PR the best for 2012.

• Like 5

Well, I was at Stillman Valley and I must say I was disappointed in PR. The hornline just is not a PR hornline, you can tell JD is gone. The drumline, well you can tell that Rennick is gone. I think they have a lot of work to do. I spoke to a staff member who said, we have a lot of young babes this year. The corps actually seemed nervous during the first performance. The second run through was clearly much better, but I expected the corps to be a higher level even for June. I wish PR the best for 2012.

....no clue who you are, but thank you for joining DCP just to make your first post an anti-Phantom Regiment rant.

LOVE IT!

Not every corps starts PERFECT (but I am sure your's WILL).

As many of us have noted, Phantom's sound will be different this year, we have a different brass team and lots of new members. How is that something new, different, insurmountable?

How long have you followed drum corps? Marched? Student? Taught?

Were you at our first dress rehersal in 2008?

If you were, I'm sure you found even more problems with that show, and if you did, you were right - it 'failed'.......

We all know JD is gone and the sound would be different, maybe much different, but this difference does NOT mean failure.

What 'level', IYO, should a corps be at the beginning of the season? PERFECT or nothing?

I heard lots and lots of very positive comments about both runthroughs on Sunday from people who know - past members and music instructors. THOSE are the people who's opinions I listen to and trust. Why all the work to discredit what these members are doing?

....by any chance were you one of the last few brass players who were 'released' by the corps??????

• Like 7

I was at the dress rehearsal as well. I've been going for years. If you look at my review last year I expressed my disgust at the hornline, they are actually A LOT better this year than they were last year in the brass department at this time. Guard is looking great as well. I can't really comment on percussion.

• Like 4