Phantom Regiment 2012

I loved that Wren wrote con scrot for the baritone part at the end of that chart. (We got to play it once during a camp.)

Oh sorry, I thought for a minute you were insinuating that piece was in the show. rolleyes.gif

LOVE IT!!!

Got to play the mello in 1988 with 3rd Glasgow BB in the UK, when we did the whole chart of the opener with only 26 brass. Phantastic piece of arranging. Still gives me tingles.

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that the Chinese cook that Phantom Regiment had with them on tour last year has RETURNED!

Got to talk to him Monday night.

Still cannot remember his name, but his English has gotten much better - so he can understand what you are talking to him about and he can tell you what he is thinking.

Great guy!

So, a couple of us on the sewing crew asked about the coin/emblem on the front of our uniforms. What does a person from China say about it? The previous post on this thread is correct. It is a very old Chinese symbol for 'blessing', as in blessing a man and woman during a wedding. It also symbolizes a long life or longevity of life.

Was releived to hear that there didn't seem to be any secondary meaning that was considered bad or inappropriate for the show.......

• Like 3

Thanks for the link!

Honestly, it's going to take a while for me to get used to this different style since JD is gone. The music is just missing that raw power that it had when he was there. It's good, but different. There are some moments I'm thinking, "wow, that's cool!", and others where I'm just like, "eh." The season hasn't even officially started yet, so who knows? There could be rewrites like there usually always is.

Thanks for the link!

Honestly, it's going to take a while for me to get used to this different style since JD is gone. The music is just missing that raw power that it had when he was there. It's good, but different. There are some moments I'm thinking, "wow, that's cool!", and others where I'm just like, "eh." The season hasn't even officially started yet, so who knows? There could be rewrites like there usually always is.

All I'm saying is that the music sounds a lot different when played while marching compared to concert or encore style.

WHAT they are doing while playing this music will blow you away is several instances.

• Like 1