Phantom Regiment 2012

I'm getting a vibe about this show that's REALLY good, I cannot stop watching the guard, they're my favorite part of the show, and I'm a percussionist! I kinda agree about the kites looking like an afterthought right now, great concept, just hope they can be staged a little better by seasons end.

There is only one thing in this show I'm not fond of, it's not really too big of a deal, but synth chimes? I swear these were in pits the last few years, oh well, not going to stop me from loving this show!

I noticed from some phan-photos that there are helments on stakes around the field ... does anyone (guard, corps) actually do anything with them (yet), or are they just sort of there ...

Don't they represent the heads of Turndot's prior suitors? I noticed that they now take the head they slice off during the show, put it on the end of a pole and and walk around the field with it.

Don't they represent the heads of Turndot's prior suitors? I noticed that they now take the head they slice off during the show, put it on the end of a pole and and walk around the field with it.

Hard to see some stuff on the FN (for sure) ... I just wonder if those will be pulled into the show more or will they just be on the back sideline the whole time ... plenty of time left to fine tune what is already a Regiment CLASSIC!

REALLY enjoyed watching the show last night. Only complaints so far are the mello soli with the runs (needs a lot of cleaning). Also when the blocks are crossing and the trumpets have the exposed arpeggios. When they get up to the high notes and hold them, sounds out of tune and strained. And the notes leading up to the high notes need more beef and air behind them.

I'm not even going to get into the percussion as I don't know the slightest in that area.

All around, love the changes in music and visual.

Also, something about that ending still rubs me wrong. It's just missing something and I don't know what it is.

Edited by ATXGUY

Hard to see some stuff on the FN (for sure) ... I just wonder if those will be pulled into the show more or will they just be on the back sideline the whole time ... plenty of time left to fine tune what is already a Regiment CLASSIC!

Decoration only.

In the opera, they are part of the stage set. But instead of helmets they are heads on the poles.

I had an idea that PR could have a fund raiser auction to get a mold of your head on a stick for finals.

I wish to deeply, and publically apologize to the entire Phantom Regiment organization, staff and volunteers.

I also apologize to those outside of the immediate Phantom Regiment organization who help design the emblems, characterizations, and designs that go into this program.

And, especially, I apologize for my construed misrepresentation of the fine products this drum corps receives from the Fred J Miller Inc (uniforms and costumes) and McCormick's (flags).

I apologize and deeply regret my choice of words in a blog involving why it takes so long for guard uniforms and show silks to get in place.

The email I received showed just part of what I wrote trying to describe a process that still takes many hours of work for fitting of each uniform to each member. I was not, in any way, stating that the uniforms were not of the best quality and workmanship just that additional alterations are needed to make a custom fit look. There was the question of tailoring of the uniforms and I wanted the reader to understand that there are still alterations that go into the final fitting. In no way was I implying that the uniforms were half made or of bad quality.

As for the flag and silk comments; again, I deeply regret my choice of words and it was not my intention to offend the Fred J Miller Inc company.

Again, and in the strongest terms, I deeply apologize to the Phantom Regiment organization, corps members, staff and volunteers; to those who have a hand in designing this years show and to Fred J Miller Inc, whos wonderful uniforms and flags make drum corps shows very, very special.

Please understand that I meant no harm while trying to explain to those who havent volunteered how much work goes into each drum corps show.

After posting this retraction, deleting the original posting as requested, I will ban myself from further posting on DCP and delete my account.

I am deeply sorry for what I have done, please accept my apology.

Best of luck to the Phantom Regiment organization.

Ellice K Ford

rfdPRphan

Edited by rkfdPRphan