Phantom Regiment 2012

LOL. I just happened to quote you by an accidental clicking. I was just speaking in general...not directly at you. :)

Well, you scared me, haha. I am in complete agreement with you. Rebuilding a program after having the rug pulled out from under you is no easy task, and the hire of Gwaltney really thrilled me. The whole immediate reward thing just simply isn't going to happen the way people would like it to. In 2-3 years, things will be great, we just need to have a little faith in the system.

Does anyone else think that in the closer when they do that big hit and come forward in those 2 lines that it REALLY needs to be a company front? Do you think it's one of the surprises they have in store for the end of the season?

Does anyone else think that in the closer when they do that big hit and come forward in those 2 lines that it REALLY needs to be a company front? Do you think it's one of the surprises they have in store for the end of the season?

Been praying for this since I first saw the show... must happen!! icon_4.gif

I hope so...but then again I don't. Company fronts are quite popular this year, with only 1 or 2 corps pulling it off well for only seconds at this point. The current form is clean and moves well together, but there to the end is screaming to be rewrite, which I am assuming we will see at Atlanta or Allentown.

I hope so...but then again I don't. Company fronts are quite popular this year, with only 1 or 2 corps pulling it off well for only seconds at this point. The current form is clean and moves well together, but there to the end is screaming to be rewrite, which I am assuming we will see at Atlanta or Allentown.

July 31-August 2. Frostburg, MD. I expect we'll see a very different show coming out of those three days than we will see prior.

I feel like Crown and Phantom are getting killed in percussion because they actually have musical books. I don't know. Im not a good judge of a performance is clean or not. But Crown and Phantom have my favorite drum books this year. I hate ramming notes. And I feel like a lot of arrangers are afraid of rests. Understandable. I guess getting everyone to attack in time can be challenging at times. But so is getting 80 horns to breath and attack exactly the same time exactly the same way.

Edited by kickhaltsforlife
  • Like 2

I feel like Crown and Phantom are getting killed in percussion because they actually have musical books. I don't know. Im not a good judge of a performance is clean or not. But Crown and Phantom have my favorite drum books this year. I hate ramming notes.

This...