Phantom Regiment 2012

Great job tonight, Phantom!!!!!!! My best friend who is a bassoonist in the Austin Symphony Orchestra, and has never seen a Drum Corps show, except for a few clips on ESPN once, said he had chills throughout the whole show.

This should definitely say something about the integrity of what you guys are putting on the field. I also might add that he just finished performing Turandot with the Austin Lyric Opera this April. So, I'm sure he was more prone to have criticism of the musical program than someone else, for whom the material is not still fresh with and has not performed it in a professional setting. But nevertheless, "chills throughout."

Actually, he had nothing negative to say, was just literally in awe.

That meant a lot to me, hearing that from him, and if any of you staff or marchers are reading this, I hope it does to you as well.

P.S. and of course, he LOVED the guard.

Edited by ATXGUY
  • Like 2

I AM SPARTACUS CALAF LOVE!!!

Great show last night. Really just like this show more and more every time I see it.

It also seemed as though they have beefed up the battery book a bit and added a few things, though I think it may have cost them in the marching. I noticed several drummers badly out of step last night in a number of different moves. Hopefully that was just jitters and they can clean it up tonight.

Not really a fan of the prop. Looks really cheesy. Other than that a magnificent show. Here's to hoping they can at least make it interesting for 2nd and at a minimum hold off the Cadets for 3rd (even though I really love their show as well).

1344296350[/url]' post='3196169']

A lot of it is taken directly from the end of the opera. I'm still not sure how crazy I am about their ending on the podium again. Maybe next year they'll do something non-death related and non-storyline. They need to take a break. Something along the lines of '03 and '96 would be nice.

I personally do not think there will be a surprise added for the last two performances. Though the opera storyline could allow for it. Puccini died before finishing the opera and it was finished up by Alfano using Puccini's notes. Historically, there have been performances with alternate endings including the death of Calef. But the "happily ever after" ending is the commonly accepted version today. (I'm not an opera scholar, but I did read Wiki on it).