Phantom Regiment 2012

Very clean show tonight, the best yet imo.

Hard to call this my favorite Phantom show ever but it's definitely up there! As a Phan of Chinese ethnicity, this show has a special place in my heart because of the relatability of some of the themes being portrayed musically and visually. I can't wait to show my relatives this show when I visit Taiwan later this fall, especially the beheading scene in Act 1!

Thank you Phantom for another great year and another great show! Now go out there and own that field tonight!

SUTA!!!!

God I love this dang show...I can't stop watching the semis performance on FN. Such a masterpiece.inlove.gif

At Finals, Phantom's souvenir booth was by far the most crowded: before the show started, they had a crowd at least seven people deep all the way across; I couldn't even get close enough to see what they had for sale, much less buy anything.

• Like 1

At Finals, Phantom's souvenir booth was by far the most crowded: before the show started, they had a crowd at least seven people deep all the way across; I couldn't even get close enough to see what they had for sale, much less buy anything.

They were very close to running out. I'm sure they sold every bit of 15k that night.

Absolutely loved the show, and it was wonderful to see it evolve over the summer. The changes made in the last couple weeks were superb. I hope every single designer stays in place.

A couple bits of commentary from a guy who I watched Finals with at Indy. He's an instructor/pit writer for a BOA finalist, and I respect his opinion:

- His comment on the "innovation" level of PR this year was from the 1990s, saying that the "effect is in the cleanliness." I see where he's coming from and can't disagree - but I also thought the visual design was perfect for the show.

- He said that the pit writing had the least difficulty of the night. I read a comment elsewhere that the battery writing may have been lacking due to the show selection, but I don't think that's an excuse in the pit. I do hope such commentary on the difficulty of the pit writing isn't an issue in future seasons.

Absolutely loved the show, and it was wonderful to see it evolve over the summer. The changes made in the last couple weeks were superb. I hope every single designer stays in place.

A couple bits of commentary from a guy who I watched Finals with at Indy. He's an instructor/pit writer for a BOA finalist, and I respect his opinion:

- His comment on the "innovation" level of PR this year was from the 1990s, saying that the "effect is in the cleanliness." I see where he's coming from and can't disagree - but I also thought the visual design was perfect for the show.

- He said that the pit writing had the least difficulty of the night. I read a comment elsewhere that the battery writing may have been lacking due to the show selection, but I don't think that's an excuse in the pit. I do hope such commentary on the difficulty of the pit writing isn't an issue in future seasons.

There obviously are serious problems with the talent of the battery and the pit. It appears that the writing for the pit was probably about all the pit could accomplish. The battery seemed to be muddling around in the background most of the time. Seems to me the drums were not tuned correctly for the writing. One wonders if the caption head doesn't have more affect on drawing talent than anyone wants to admit hmmmm

And God forbid, let's all hope they don't do another sappy love story show again. It is getting so tired.

And thirdly, did anyone else notice that the last few shows of the season that the show was announced as being under the direction of Rick V AND Dan F. Seems a bit odd, but in truth maybe not. Seems a slap in the face to RV.

• Like 1