Phantom Regiment 2012

But think about it.

- I doubt many expected would've anticipated how the season for the Cavies has gone, and

- PR lost its brass arranger to a close competitor.

I think a prediction of sixth year in and out would normally be a pretty solid pick. Plus, I like being pleasantly surprised.

Good point on Cavaliers. However, Given that from 1989 forward, Regiment has finished higher than 6th 17 times in 24 years (including, presumptively, this year), and also 8 of the last 10 years (again including this year), a 6th place prediction for Regiment would consistently be below where they've placed.

You have to get to top 4 for their % to even drop to 50% since 89. If I added right, in fact, outside the drought in 1998-2002, Regiment is top FOUR in 12 out of 19 years (63%), or almost 2/3s of the time...

Harvey

I am SO excited to find out what changes PR has made for tonight!!! Their show makes me want to: :babies:

• Like 1

Oh boy! I'm really excited now!

My link

Billy's Blog on the Regiment site talks a great deal about adding a pre-show. I was curious if anyone on the FN or anyone who attended Allentown might be able to describe this addition and whether it adds to the overall GE or not. Just curious...and yeah, I know. I have to get the FN next year!

The pre-show in Allentown was an extension of the "blood" riddle portion that happens during the middle of the show. The brass prances around the perimeter of the field while setting up stands for head poles and maybe some guard stuff. The guard entered the field slowly from the right in a round formation around princess Turandot and two drum majors. One has the sword on his shoulder. All the poles with helmet heads are held high by the guard as they process. Eerie and slow with some spooky synth sounds. They break to post the poles around the field and form up near their first formation dots.

The pre-show in Allentown was an extension of the "blood" riddle portion that happens during the middle of the show. The brass prances around the perimeter of the field while setting up stands for head poles and maybe some guard stuff. The guard entered the field slowly from the right in a round formation around princess Turandot and two drum majors. One has the sword on his shoulder. All the poles with helmet heads are held high by the guard as they process. Eerie and slow with some spooky synth sounds. They break to post the poles around the field and form up near their first formation dots.

Nice! Sounds like they are trying to highlight the story a bit more. I also saw a new picture of a corps member standing on the podium at the end of the show. Does the ending change much to get him up there?

1344275293[/url]' post='3195833']

Nice! Sounds like they are trying to highlight the story a bit more. I also saw a new picture of a corps member standing on the podium at the end of the show. Does the ending change much to get him up there?

They changed quite a bit of the ending drill and music. More oomph, majesty, and a better flow.

They changed quite a bit of the ending drill and music. More oomph, majesty, and a better flow.

A lot of it is taken directly from the end of the opera. I'm still not sure how crazy I am about their ending on the podium again. Maybe next year they'll do something non-death related and non-storyline. They need to take a break. Something along the lines of '03 and '96 would be nice.

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice at the Allentown show the announcement at the beginning of the PR show that the corps is under the direction of Rick V. AND Dan Farrel? It's the first time I remember hearing this. Wondering what this means. Change in titles, change in leadership, change in job description or is DF's ego getting harder to satisfy?????

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice at the Allentown show the announcement at the beginning of the PR show that the corps is under the direction of Rick V. AND Dan Farrel? It's the first time I remember hearing this. Wondering what this means. Change in titles, change in leadership, change in job description or is DF's ego getting harder to satisfy?????

Ahhh, you again, what's up with all the love for Dan?