Favorite show from 2011 season?

Definitely loved Bloo's opener and closer.

I'm shocked Bones have not been mentioned on here!!! That show was great!!!

I was part of the few that probably liked Blue Stars.

Academy was one of my favorite in your face shows.

Troop had a gorgeous show.

There were a lot of great products out there.

Same here.

Favorite out of finals: Crossmen, they're finally going back to what they do best. Who cares if they're in Texas, location shouldn't make any difference.

Favorite music rep: Troopers, simple and gorgeous. Only two words I can think of to describe it.

Favorite visual package: Phantom, not the hardest, but really effective in the use of imagery without having a straight up story line.

Favorite overall show: Bluecoats. I liked it just as much as Metropolis, yeah it was similar but is that such a bad thing?

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

The corps I most enjoyed watching live was the Blue Knights, but the show I will continue to go back and listen to/watch without it ever getting old was from Phantom. Or Bluecoats. And Madison's closer was amazing.

Edited by laser.lemon

I was a big fan of the opening hit in Phantom's show, and of course "Creep" was quite a nice moment from the Bluecoats. Vanguard percussion was great, and Crown's hornline untouchable.

The Cadets show never really clicked with me. Too many glaring performance and cleanliness issues, and wasn't a fan of the music. Flow-wise the show worked very well, but it just doesn't do much for me.

Depends when you're asking.

During the season I was in love with Cadets (the rapture) while lusting as well for Phantom (the beauty) and Crown (the joy). Now, while watching the DVD, the show I keep going back to is BD. Maybe it just works better on the small screen. Maybe I just didn't appreciate Devils enough the six or so times (including four in August) I saw them last summer.

If I could create my own custom "Tour of Champions" from last year's program, it likely would include: Spirit, Blue Knights, Boston, BlueCoats, SCV, Cavies, Phantoms, Crown and Cadets.

Not going to get into the corps I don't dream about. Don't need the borg chasing me today.

HH

Can't narrow it down to 1. Was a good year and I liked most of the shows.

So in no order -

Cadets - overall great show.

BD - Bacharach? but it worked.

Madison - most of it, specially the closer.

Troop - Infini note!

Xmen - in your face.

Turquoise Noise - Even with a violin just liked it musically.

OC - smoking hornline regardless of class. You missed out if you didn't see this one up close. (I did like 5 times lol)

BDB - Hey it was the Police...

7th Regiment - loved the music, best use of Creep.

Honorable mention (yeah I know it was not onfield) - Any time MC arched up and played Tennessee Waltz.

Mike

Edit: Oh and I give it up to Yokohama Scouts and Jubal for making the long trips. Both shows were entertaining.

Edited by WWonka
  • Like 1

Cadets get the overall win for me from 2011.

But the two corps that surprised me the most with how much I enjoyed them were Crown and Madison. Crown's concept just reeked of cheese when I first heard it, but ###### if they didn't totally pull it off by Indy. Sometimes you just want a fun show, and that was fun show. Plain and simple.

Madison's production moved me much more than I anticipated. In all honesty, even as a Cadets homer, I'd have to say I think Madison's "9/11" show connected with me much more than what the Cadets did in '02.

• Like 1

Coolest and the Best of '11

Opener- Bluecoats

Ballad/Middle- Cadets

Closer- Madison

Solo- Boston

Drill moves- Blue Devils

Guard- Crown

• Like 2