Upstate NY People

How many of you marched and then went on to instruct?

For me....Marched with the Royal Coachmen and went on to work with Renegades (NY), Patriots, Rochester Crusaders, Schlossgarde (Germany), and Heat Wave (FL).

You?

I KNOW I wasn't the only one in NY LOL

How many of you marched and then went on to instruct?

For me....Marched with the Royal Coachmen and went on to work with Renegades (NY), Patriots, Rochester Crusaders, Schlossgarde (Germany), and Heat Wave (FL).

You?

• 3 weeks later...

I KNOW I wasn't the only one in NY LOL

I personally did not go on to instruct after I aged out of junior drum corps in 1966, but several members of the Shortsville Shamrocks did go on to instruct:

1) Dick Pronti - color guard, horn player, drum major and drill writer/instructor for the Shamrocks also wrote drill for several corps, became a DC judge, founded the DCA I&E and became an advisor to several corps and was a WDHOF member.

2) Jack Bullock grew up in Shortsville and is most known for his work with the Geneva Appleknockers. He was also an advisor/instructor to the Shamrocks and wrote/taught in the early years. Also a WDHOF member and original founder of the Gorham Pagent of Bands.

3) Dave Baroody and Tom Hessney started as horn players with the Shamrocks and later moved to the senior Appleknockers. Dave and Tom were instructors with the junior Appleknockers.

4) Brothers Tom and Phil Forgarty began their drum corp careers in the drumline with the Shamrocks and both moved on to other corps as drum instructors. Tom was also a drum major for the Shamrocks.

5) Bill Decker began his drum corps career with the Shamrocks and later instructed drum lines for several corps and also became a DC judge.

6) Brady Rouse played horn with the Shamrocks in the mid-60's and went on to do drill instruction with several drum corps and colorguard units.

There was a lot of talent that came out of the little towns of Shortsville and Manchester......maybe you recognize some of these names......

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of being instructed by and working with Dick Pronti when he worked with The Royal Coachmen. We worked together at Kenmore East HS too.

Bill Decker taught Royal Coachmen too.

Phil Fogarty and I worked together with The Patriots too.

I personally did not go on to instruct after I aged out of junior drum corps in 1966, but several members of the Shortsville Shamrocks did go on to instruct:

1) Dick Pronti - color guard, horn player, drum major and drill writer/instructor for the Shamrocks also wrote drill for several corps, became a DC judge, founded the DCA I&E and became an advisor to several corps and was a WDHOF member.

2) Jack Bullock grew up in Shortsville and is most known for his work with the Geneva Appleknockers. He was also an advisor/instructor to the Shamrocks and wrote/taught in the early years. Also a WDHOF member and original founder of the Gorham Pagent of Bands.

3) Dave Baroody and Tom Hessney started as horn players with the Shamrocks and later moved to the senior Appleknockers. Dave and Tom were instructors with the junior Appleknockers.

4) Brothers Tom and Phil Forgarty began their drum corp careers in the drumline with the Shamrocks and both moved on to other corps as drum instructors. Tom was also a drum major for the Shamrocks.

5) Bill Decker began his drum corps career with the Shamrocks and later instructed drum lines for several corps and also became a DC judge.

6) Brady Rouse played horn with the Shamrocks in the mid-60's and went on to do drill instruction with several drum corps and colorguard units.

There was a lot of talent that came out of the little towns of Shortsville and Manchester......maybe you recognize some of these names......

I did a few things in drum corps over the years too... marched, taught, judged, managed

managed to keep busy

Now we're moving along here! LOL

All The Allen's too!

I did a few things in drum corps over the years too... marched, taught, judged, managed

managed to keep busy

Yes, Tom you contributed a lot. Surprised they left you out!

Jon Richter

Now we're moving along here! LOL

All The Allen's too!

Jim was in the Ridge-Culver Statesmen very early in his career. I marched with him then. He came a long way, accomplished a lot!!

Jon Richter