Troopers souvie question

I suspect these were limited edition souvenir coins made for the anniversary stated. I do not know the history, but Ted Gilbert has run the souvie booth (Sheepwagon) forever and he may be able to answer your questions. I bet if you contact the Troopers main office you can find a way to reach him. How did you come about them?

How did you come about them?

I bought the bronze one (as it was all I could afford as a 23 year old), and my dad bought the silver and gold ones. Although I can't see him paying more than a couple hundred dollars for them. I believe we bought them at the DCI South show in Birmingham in 1989. I know the date says 1988, but I don't remember my dad going to a show in 88, My mom gave me his coins (I know they are not real coins), after he passed away. At this point I am just trying to get more information about them, as his are both numbered. Thanks.

And a couple of hundred dollars is a price point that would make sense for items like this sold by a corps, but it does reduce the chances that this gold piece is solid gold. If you websearch the historical value of gold, in 1988 and 1989, one ounce of gold sold in the high $300 to high $400 range, which means that for a private mint to produce these and for the corps to sell them at a profit, if it were solid gold, the gold one would have been priced by the Troopers at least $800 to $1000, I would guess, back then. It's probably gold plated.