Want to See a Side of Drum Corps Fans Wish They Could?

Tell Your Friends... Crown Seeking CDL Truck and Bus Drivers!!!

Carolina Crown is currently seeking one CDL tractor trailer driver and one bus driver with good driving records for their 2012 summer tour (early June through mid-August). For information and/or consideration, interested drivers should send current address and contact information, brief driving bio/resume, CDL license # and date of birth to kevin@carolinacrown.org.

Please cut and paste this information and email it to people you think might be interested.

• Like 2

Better watch asking for date of birth when someone is being considered for a job. I believe that is illegal.

• Like 2

Better watch asking for date of birth when someone is being considered for a job. I believe that is illegal.

That is actually debated.. it is illegal to discriminate against age in the hiring process, but it might not be illegal to simply ask for someone's age. I honestly don't know the truth, but after doing some research and taking a class in college dealing with this stuff, it seems like no one actually knows how to interpret the law. It's basically up to the person applying if you want to risk supplying the information, because many, many companies ask for information of applications that might not necessarily be legal.

Most of the time it is just to establish identity, and if you are the legal working age (which many just simply ask if you are 18 or older). Also to complete background checks.

It is quite easy to tell age just from education background, so it's not really needed to ask. In this case though, doing a background check, and making sure the CDL checks out and all that, it might be needed.

And personally, being a non- profit youth organization they have a right to have all the information they want when it comes with spending a lot of time with young folk ages 14 to 21. That's just my opinion, legal or not!

they may have an age requirement. I know when my brother wanted to drive for the Bluecoats he had to wait until he turned 25 before the corps would allow him to drive. I'm not sure if this age limit was a CDL requirement for transporting people/minors or if it was just a corps restriction.

As long as the age requirement is posted in the job listing as a requirement for qualifictaion they would be in their rights to require proof of age.

Debating the legality of requesting a date of birth for a drum corps driving job? This is exactly what the organization had in mind when they started this thread.

• Like 3

Debating the legality of requesting a date of birth for a drum corps driving job? This is exactly what the organization had in mind when they started this thread.

:thumbup:

But hey, it's keeping this thread close to the top. Please cut and paste the original post (I think this is the "op" on here) to your friends or people you think might be interested.

Thanks DCP!

• Like 2

The thread is not a discussion thread, they did not pose a question or make a statement that asked for comment. I was just pointing out that they might want to alter or clarify their requirements for a driver. They obviously do not based on the prior post.

Edited by jonnyboy
  • Like 1

That is actually debated.. it is illegal to discriminate against age in the hiring process, but it might not be illegal to simply ask for someone's age. I honestly don't know the truth, but after doing some research and taking a class in college dealing with this stuff, it seems like no one actually knows how to interpret the law. It's basically up to the person applying if you want to risk supplying the information, because many, many companies ask for information of applications that might not necessarily be legal.

Most of the time it is just to establish identity, and if you are the legal working age (which many just simply ask if you are 18 or older). Also to complete background checks.

It is quite easy to tell age just from education background, so it's not really needed to ask. In this case though, doing a background check, and making sure the CDL checks out and all that, it might be needed.

And personally, being a non- profit youth organization they have a right to have all the information they want when it comes with spending a lot of time with young folk ages 14 to 21. That's just my opinion, legal or not!

I'm not sure how you call tell age just from education background beyond high school.