Our Drum Corps' Family

For those of you following Patricia has been moved to inpatient reHab at UPMC Pittsburgh as opposed to moving her back closer to home. Makes perfect sense. Skilled Nursing has been dropped from the scenario. Long way to go yet but everyday is moving positive. Prayers still welcome.

I know many of you have never met my wife Patricia but know this....your prayers have really helped. She is not out of the woods yet but at least she will be returning to the Erie area tomorrow for further rehab. All though slow...her rehab from a stroke has moved in a positive direction every day. Thank you all for those thoughts, well wishes and especially your prayers. They do work.

I know many of you have never met my wife Patricia but know this....your prayers have really helped. She is not out of the woods yet but at least she will be returning to the Erie area tomorrow for further rehab. All though slow...her rehab from a stroke has moved in a positive direction every day. Thank you all for those thoughts, well wishes and especially your prayers. They do work.

Continued blessings upon Patricia and you, Gene. May her rehab soon be completed.

The power of prayer is truly amazing.

Be well.

Ray

Continued blessings upon Patricia and you, Gene. May her rehab soon be completed.

The power of prayer is truly amazing.

Be well.

Ray

It truly is amazing Ray. It's not just lip service it really works. Many thanks.

As long as the steps are postive it's good. Hoping they continue for both of you.

s/ Guy whos' mom was a stroke victim.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the steps are postive it's good. Hoping they continue for both of you.

s/ Guy whos' mom was a stroke victim.

Many thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers. They are still working.

Just have to say...as many of you know and have experienced some events are a life changing experience. They just show up wheather you won't them to or not. I now really understand what Fran Haring, Jim Fawber, and many, many others (to name a few) have went through. I used to think myself invinsible...my wife too...Hell I was on top of the world thinking I was a pretty decent Mellophone player and me and WMOM (tbird vidographer) had a good thing going.

I now drive across town ..3 times a day..to visit her in rehab. Don't really think about her that much as I'm on my way to see her. I find myself looking at other drivers and wondering if they are experiencing the same situation. Finding myself less self-centered and more concerened about someone else as their situation may be worse than ours. Never appreciated what we had. Just hoping a little bit comes back. Just sayin............

• Like 2

Just have to say...as many of you know and have experienced some events are a life changing experience. They just show up wheather you won't them to or not. I now really understand what Fran Haring, Jim Fawber, and many, many others (to name a few) have went through. I used to think myself invinsible...my wife too...Hell I was on top of the world thinking I was a pretty decent Mellophone player and me and WMOM (tbird vidographer) had a good thing going.

I now drive across town ..3 times a day..to visit her in rehab. Don't really think about her that much as I'm on my way to see her. I find myself looking at other drivers and wondering if they are experiencing the same situation. Finding myself less self-centered and more concerened about someone else as their situation may be worse than ours. Never appreciated what we had. Just hoping a little bit comes back. Just sayin............

Hang on to that hope Gene...Everyday that the sun comes up, we get another shot at it...no matter how bad it seems the day before...You still have Pat and she still has you...All the best! Steve Cooley

Prayers continue.... worthy.gif

I know what you mean.... I've experienced one of those moments that will have you reassessing what is truly important in your life. You are not alone my friend....

Prayers continue... worthy.gif

Prayers continue.... worthy.gif

I know what you mean.... I've experienced one of those moments that will have you reassessing what is truly important in your life. You are not alone my friend....

Prayers continue... worthy.gif

What Tony said.

Gene, I salute you for your dedication to your wife and your support for her during this tough time.

My one bit of advice... please make sure you take some time for yourself, even if it's just taking a break at a coffee shop, going to a movie, or whatever.

I know that's easier said than done, but it is important.

What Tony said.

Gene, I salute you for your dedication to your wife and your support for her during this tough time.

My one bit of advice... please make sure you take some time for yourself, even if it's just taking a break at a coffee shop, going to a movie, or whatever.

I know that's easier said than done, but it is important.

And, what Fran said! Trust me you need it, and it does help relieve the associated stress and tension. Not fortunate enough to find the "one", but did go through it with both my parents and other close relatives.

Wishing you all the best and keeping you both in my thoughts.

Ray

Many thanks to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Patty had an evaluation yesterday after 16 days. Original thinking by the SNF was to have her home by september. All the principals involved described her progress as "Remarkable". Looks as though she may be released to home health care within the next couple weeks. Prayers do work. No other explanation.