Trumpet Embrouchure Issues

will92

Over the last 3 months I've started playing trumpet (switching from Baritone)in my corps. However im having real embrouchure issues ie. playing on the red part of my top lip.

I wondered if anyone could lead me in the right direction to get a proper set up. I do practice a lot, and was finding before that my chops would get tired easily. I have been moving the mouthpiece around to try get a good spot, but i often find after playing, it often moves further up.

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Will.

Over the last 3 months I've started playing trumpet (switching from Baritone)in my corps. However im having real embrouchure issues ie. playing on the red part of my top lip.

I wondered if anyone could lead me in the right direction to get a proper set up. I do practice a lot, and was finding before that my chops would get tired easily. I have been moving the mouthpiece around to try get a good spot, but i often find after playing, it often moves further up.

Any help would be very much appreciated,

Will.

My initial thought is to not worry about where your mp ends up on your face. Unless your trying to play out the side of your cheek ! :rolleyes:

There are a lot of different schools of thought about mp placement. My advice would be to go to the basics. Arban ! 50/50 to 70/30 as a starting point. If over time, your playing in the red, off the side slightly or towards the bottom, as long as it's working for you and your sound is what your after. Just play and forget about it. Now on the other hand, your having trouble. PM me and I can help, a little. Your still going to need to see a qualified instructor. Don't get too hung up on the "analysis" part of playing.