If you could resurrect any corps...

A friend and I were having a conversation about what we would do if we won that lottery from a few years ago and I thought, how cool would it be to start a corps in the same way that Bill Cook did with Star in the mid-80s. I got to thinking more about the subject and rather than start another corps, wouldn't it be better to resurrect an inactive corps that already has a rich history in the activty? VK comes to mind, as well as a few others. I know there were plenty of people that were super hyped when VK came back onto the scene a few years ago, keeping with a lot of their former tradition, I'd say they made their alumni proud.

Assuming that you have a nearly infinite amount of money, could keep membership costs ridiculously low and buy your equipment and uniforms outright, which corps would you pick? How would you do it? New uniforms and a new name or bring back the old unis/old name(assuming you can, legally, after you pay of whatever debts they may have had). Would you go as far to build a rehearsal facility similar to the one Star of Indiana had during their active years?

So, Who would you bring back to their former glory?

(Is it June yet?)

Edited by Vanguard07

So, Who would you bring back to their former glory?

(Is it June yet?)

Anaheim Kingsmen

• Like 2

I forgot to add, my resurrected corps would be Suncoast Sound and our first show would have to be the Florida Suite while we worked on securing the original charts for corps song "The Greatest Love of All" (obviously transposing it for Bb).

• Like 2

BESIDES THE OBVIOUS .....:doh:

Anaheim Kingsmen

Lt. Norman Prince "Princemen"

St Kevin's Emerald Knights

Chicago Royal Airs

• Like 1

I would like to see 27th and Bridgemen. I would split the money between the two because having both in the top 12 again would be better than seeing one in the top 3. :thumbup:

• Like 3

I'd start a corps and call it Deja Vue and would preform a top 12 corps show that isn't around anymore, kingsmen, 27, blue rock, purple lancers, kilties, seneca, oakland, freelancers, suncoast, and on and on.....

I'd start a corps and call it Deja Vue and would preform a top 12 corps show that isn't around anymore, kingsmen, 27, blue rock, purple lancers, kilties, seneca, oakland, freelancers, suncoast, and on and on.....

Our Alumni Corps selects numbers to include in our repetoire that (we hope) bring back such memories: BD's Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor and La Suerta, Madison's MacArthur Park, and Anahem's So Very Hard to Go and the Firebird closer. Charts are as close to recreating authentic sounds as possible. VERY VERY well received by our fans.

Edited by Navillus WP
  • Like 1

Our Alumni Corps selects numbers to include in our repetoire that (we hope) bring back such memories: BD's Legend of the One-Eyed Sailor and La Suerta, Madison's MacArthur Park, and Anahem's So Very Hard to Go and the Firebird closer. Charts are as close to recreating authentic sounds as possible. VERY VERY well received by our fans.

Too bad you guys are so far away :P

• Like 1