Mighty Liberators

Firebirds

Patriots

Northmen

Fusion

Crusaders

Empire Statesmen

I know I missed more

You missed the Ridge-Culver Statesmen, the Point Pleasant Pea-pickers(both firemens drum corps) , and the Emerald Cadets. I marched in all of these.

Keep adding more...are there more?

Keep adding more...are there more?

I remember the Ridge-Culver Statesmen merging with the Emerald Cadets becoming the Emerald Statesmen for a couple years in the 60's......

• 9 months later...

Racine Kilties

Kiltie Kadets

Boys of 76

Racine Scouts

Racine German Catholic Drum Corps

Racine Roma Lodge Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Sattley Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Belle City Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine New Day Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Dokies Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Pioneers Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Armenian Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Ambassa"Dears" Drum and Bugle Corps

Racine Holy Name Drum Corps

http://www.racinekil...Drum_Corps.html

There were others, including two different Twentieth Century corps, an earlier boy scout corps, New Day, Knights of Pythias, and Eagles.

Being from NY I was just impressed with the amount of corps there were from Rochester. Yes Racine is up there too. I know there were more but how about this....Statesmen, Crusaders and Patriots all top corps at the same time all from the same area. Heck, in western NY we had 5 or 6 and they were never at the level that the three Rochester corps were.

Maybe Tom Peashey and Dick Hoppe can add more insight. Gee if you add Oswego, Fulton, Geneva and Batavia to the Rochester area....that's alot of drum corps!

At 1968 VFW nationals, there were 13 units on the field, and 3 of them were from Racine. the Champion Kilties, 9th place Racine Scouts, and the Championship Racine Elks Youth Band. The Scouts also took second in the color guard championships. The Kilts and Elks between them had over 5 national championships in the 60s.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

There was a corps in Rochester called The Dutchtown Lancers .... I was in it, so was Dave Martin ..... <sniff> we were not even listed in the two-volume History of Drum & Bugle Corps. We really did exist and even competed in a few shows.

The Grey Knights had their affiliate corps the Grey Knight Squires, Dutchtown Lancers (Ramblers), TCI Geneseeans, Emerald Cadets, Emerald Statesmen, Ridge Culver Statesmen became the Irondequoit (Dynamic) Statesmen, Pardee Pacers, Scott's Sabers, et al.

Vince Bruni stared UDC...United Drum Corps, which consisted of the Fabulous Crusaders, Dynamic Statesmen, Alpine Girls, and Pardee Pacers.

Around 1963-1964 many of these kids went to Batavia NY and the rest is history.

DA