Who Was THE BEST All-Girl Corps EVER?

87 members have voted

1. 1. What All-Girl Corps Would You Say Was the Best AG Corps EVER?

• Ventures
    • St. Ignatius Girls
    • Audobon Bon Bons
    • St. John's Girls
    • Mello Dears
    • CapitolAires
    • Fire-ettes
    • Bandettes
    • Les Chatelaines
    • ND-ettes
    • Joanettes
    • Nee Hi's
    • Jeanettes
    • Royaleer Mounties
    • Arabella
    • Norwood Debs

When you look at each corps history base your decision on what they did in the activity. Championships, etc.

Edited by KeithHall

I chose Ventures. I saw them when they were this little AG corps and they became Champions in AG and A class as well on a consistent basis, especially starting in the 80's.

When you look at each corps history base your decision on what they did in the activity. Championships, etc.

My oh my ... no ND-ettes from Bpt CT? ... Genero's pride and joy? ... All Girl WO Champs 1970 ... tsk tsk ... they should at least be on the list ...

Also the Norwood Debonnaires and Joanettes from MA ... both competed in the MA CYO circuit ... beating many of their male opponents ...

Hey ... any one remember the Vacationland Sweethearts? ... or the Pompton Lakes Stardusters ... or the Media Fawns ... HOO HAAA!!!!!

The list is just so long!

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

Added some more but in my defense I was just being realistic. I could have added The Alpine Girls too

My oh my ... no ND-ettes from Bpt CT? ... Genero's pride and joy? ... All Girl WO Champs 1970 ... tsk tsk ... they should at least be on the list ...

Also the Norwood Debonnaires and Joanettes from MA ... both competed in the MA CYO circuit ... beating many of their male opponents ...

Hey ... any one remember the Vacationland Sweethearts? ... or the Pompton Lakes Stardusters ... or the Media Fawns ... HOO HAAA!!!!!

The list is just so long!

:-)

Voted for Ventures, because they were definitely the best in my decades in drum corps. I remember losing to them repeatedly over a couple of summers by DOZENS of points :tongue: .

Another one "missing" from the poll, and you could make an argument for them being the second-best, too - Arbella, from Salem, MA!

Edited by grenadasmoothie

I would have to say Norwood Debonnaires, during the mid sixties they were very good

• Like 1

I went with St. Ignatius. I feel a bit guilty about that because I've never actually seen a lot of the other corps, but they kicked our butts more times than I care to remember. The only caption we could ever beat them in was perc. Other than that they just steamrollered us. I also remember them being kind of tight with the St. Rita's Brassmen. I think it was because of the instructional staffs but I'm not sure. I remember the ND-ettes vividly and they were quite good in their own right, but I don't think that they could have touched St. Ignatius.

For me it was a toss-up between Jeanettes of Lynn, MA and Arabella of Salem, MA. The Jeanettes were definitely "old school" though I recall they turned a few heads with "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" (can't remember the year). They were tough competitors but from what I understand gracious ones too. Arabella were neighboring rivals and there were times their horn line could rival their coed competitors.

I could have added Catholic Daughters of America too...oh well

• Like 1