Who Was THE BEST All-Girl Corps EVER?

87 members have voted

1. 1. What All-Girl Corps Would You Say Was the Best AG Corps EVER?

• Ventures
    • St. Ignatius Girls
    • Audobon Bon Bons
    • St. John's Girls
    • Mello Dears
    • CapitolAires
    • Fire-ettes
    • Bandettes
    • Les Chatelaines
    • ND-ettes
    • Joanettes
    • Nee Hi's
    • Jeanettes
    • Royaleer Mounties
    • Arabella
    • Norwood Debs

Based on longevity and success against the all-guy corps (in the 50's)...I voted for Audobon. Not to mention, I loved their uniforms!

I agree, on all counts. LOL

Seriously.... the Bon-Bons were the real deal for many, many years. Quite a track record.

Fran,

I remember the Bon Bons as being fiercely competitive with the all-male Corps of the late 50s, early 60s and I think they beat the Cadets on at least one occasion during this time.

Their DM, Mrs. Carol Hooten, who I have not met, helps run the Reilly Raiders. Her late husband, Happy, was the RR DM for many years. You may know this already, but I thought I would offer this as part of the topic.

Kevin

Fran,

I remember the Bon Bons as being fiercely competitive with the all-male Corps of the late 50s, early 60s and I think they beat the Cadets on at least one occasion during this time.

Their DM, Mrs. Carol Hooten, who I have not met, helps run the Reilly Raiders. Her late husband, Happy, was the RR DM for many years. You may know this already, but I thought I would offer this as part of the topic.

Kevin

"Fiercely Competitive":

Indeed they were. They placed as high as second in the Veterans National Championships of the mid to late 1950's, beating the "Best of the Best" of the all male/co-ed corps of that era.

Their drum quartet won a National Championship, as did snare drummer Rita Macey.

My vote for the "Greatest".

Elphaba

El

I am totally on board. I do have a vague recollection of hearing one of the Canadian Corps and it was probably the Ventures. They placed well, but there isn't much comparison, because every time the Bon Bons hit the field the question was " whose butt are they going to kick today". Incomparable.

Kevin

H,

You asked the question, so perhaps you know the answer. It had better be the right one because Mrs Hooten might come around and give some Bon Bons the difficult way.

Kevin

Fran,

Kevin

Kevin ... you've got your Carol's mixed up ... Carol Hooten (Wild Bill's wife) came out of Upstate NY - I don't believe she was involved with the Bob Bons ... Carol Pennisi (now Terreri) was the Bob Bon's DM in the 70's ... both Ralph Silverbrand's and Mike Delvecchios's wives were Bob Bon DM's but I don't remember their first names ...

:-)

Best AG ever.

On the field, or off the field?

Hmmm ... off the field ... what on earth could Kenny mean by that? ... hmmm ... Mrs. B's demerit book gave the Bon Bon's extra incentive ...

:w00t:

Edited by ajlisko

Best AG ever.

On the field, or off the field?

Schaffer Ladies! Pound for pound, the biggest corps around! But seriously, my favorite is the Bandettes, who were the first corps I ever saw live and the best I witnessed was Les Chatelaines, who out scored the Class A corps at finals in '81. Then again, I was only born in '65. (ducks under table from flying beer bottles!)