Crossmen 2012 - Fragile

That's fine. I don't care how something is done, as long as to me it is good. Can be brass/percussion, can be voice, WW, strings, synths, etc...for me 'good' is what matters.

Sorry Mike , I accepted a lot of changes through the years but woodwinds is where I draw the line and I know that you are for them but they belong in BANDS and bands only ! We have high school and college band associations so the can compete with other and so do drum corps and I really don't want to see string instruments out on the field either but they got their foot in the door anyway so to speak , I'm for percussion , brass and colorguard only and yes synth's are included also , although so many arrangers are blasting the ears off a lot of people such as myself , with that all said I want drum corps to stay drum corps and band to stay band !

• Like 2

here's the important question:

is the "drum lick" in the show again?

Sorry Mike , I accepted a lot of changes through the years but woodwinds is where I draw the line and I know that you are for them but they belong in BANDS and bands only ! We have high school and college band associations so the can compete with other and so do drum corps and I really don't want to see string instruments out on the field either but they got their foot in the door anyway so to speak , I'm for percussion , brass and colorguard only and yes synth's are included also , although so many arrangers are blasting the ears off a lot of people such as myself , with that all said I want drum corps to stay drum corps and band to stay band !

Well, IMO drum corps are and always have been bands, which I am thinking is a large opinion difference between us. I respect that anyone can have their own opinion...

...though of course mine is the only one that is correct! :thumbup:

I doubt DCI will legalize WW any time soon, so you are safe! :smile:

• Like 1

Well, IMO drum corps are and always have been bands, which I am thinking is a large opinion difference between us. I respect that anyone can have their own opinion...

...though of course mine is the only one that is correct! :thumbup:

I doubt DCI will legalize WW any time soon, so you are safe! :smile:

Oh, what the heck... I'll grab a club and take a swing at this well-beaten horse carcass as well. :tongue:

I wonder what someone who plays college softball would say if it was suggested that the rules be changed to where you could use regular baseballs and pitch overhanded. You could still call it softball but the changes shouldn't be considered significant because, you know-- softball has pretty much always been baseball anyways, right?

I understand that the activity must evolve over time. But, IMO, those changes should-- as reasonably as possible-- still stay within the framework of the particular activity in question (in our case, DCI) and not veer towards fundamental changes. Keeping with the baseball analogy, I think most of the DCI changes over the years could be considered in the realm of nighttime games, designated hitters, etc. However, to me, allowance of woodwinds would be the equivalent of swtiching to a different style ball, etc. I know it's all opinion, but that's how I've personally thought of this issue. (As you might guess, I want to leave woodwinds out of DCI.)

• Like 2

Is there a way we can keep this thread on topic please. I hate nothing more than wanting to read an update about the 2012 Crossmen and then step right into a Woodwinds [in DCI] discussion. I am pretty sure there is a thread for this specifically. No offense to anyone, I just want me some Crossmen news :tongue:

Edited by dciboy2000
  • Like 7

Is there a way we can keep this thread on topic please. I hate nothing more than wanting to read an update about the 2012 Crossmen and then step right into a Woodwinds [in DCI] discussion. I am pretty sure there is a thread for this specifically. No offense to anyone, I just want me some Crossmen news :tongue:

AMEN, pass the peas! Go Crossmen. Kick some Booty!!!

• Like 5

Here's to hoping this gets them back into Finals!

At the same time not hoping anyone gets bumped from Finals. Maybe we could get a 5 or 6 way tie, and take 16 or 17 groups in Finals!!!

• Like 2

Wow! Check out the 'screamer' toward the end of their latest video. That dude can play!!! and this is just the opener?

• Like 3

Wow! Check out the 'screamer' toward the end of their latest video. That dude can play!!! and this is just the opener?

I'll say he can play. Looks and sounds like the same screamer from last year. This guy is good.

He is the same soloist from last year. His name is Chris L. This is his age out year according to my son. I spent a lot of April camp in my lazy camp chair and was impressed the whole weekend. Got to watch some artistic magic from chuck and the staff tweaking the charts. I have heard the entire book except the closer and it rocks and grooves.