Crossmen 2012 - Fragile

If they don't go "#######", I'm coming to haunt you...

:devil::cool::devil:

hehehehe...

Chuck

Haha... does that mean you'll do it? Or you probably already thought of it. It would be a nice later season addition, maybe get a little half of a half of a tenth of a point boost in GE?

Regardless I love the show, and so glad you are back at Crossmen. You get the corps. We appreciate that!

After weeks of watching scores and reading blogs I am entirely excited to see the Crossmen this evening at Chambersburg. I have every confidence that this show will be everything I am hoping it will be. The Crossmen have this way about them: pulling you to the edge of your seat with their intensity, then ripping off your face with the music. I love it!

Chuck, thank you so much for everything you have done for this corps, past, present, and future. It is wonderful to have you back on the team.

~Allison

• Like 1

I wish I could understand the props better as well. I would love to hear the drill design details asap

If you notice, the flags and guard equipment come out of no where during the show. They are hidden behind the shadow guys.

I was honestly already prepared to be let down by Crossmen again. But after seeing them on the fan network I was blown away. WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT!!! This is not the same corps I saw last year. Powerful and clean. I am so excited to see them live in San Antonio. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will see them back in the top twelve where they belong.

If you notice, the flags and guard equipment come out of no where during the show. They are hidden behind the shadow guys.

I now about the flag holder part. I just dont understand the shadow guys. What do they represent? they just seem to float around the field in no particular manner. They are made of aluminum. Very pricey for a flage holder. They call them zebras which I am curious if they will get some additional treatment as the season progresses.

I saw the show for the first time from the front fence, on the 45. The corps looks great and I can say I won't be surprised if this corps makes finals. The show received a tepid applause, but I have a feeling it will play better in a regional situation. I can't help but hope for more color in the uni, and maybe something can be done with the shadow guys? All that black on the field doesn't do it for me, but I'm weird. Utimately design is up to the peeps getting paid for it. I'm just happy the corps is looking and sounding great in early July.

This IS a different corps than we've seen in a long time. I watched them practice ensemble before last night's show in 100+ degree weather and they were at once focused, but also in good spirits.

I've seen them perform in uniform live twice now and they have a presence and stature on the field that is also steps above what we've seen.

At first I wasn't believing what I was seeing in the scores*, but I believe now.

Still, they have work to do to stay there.

I hope all Crossmen fans come out to give them their support. I wish I could be in San Antonio in a few weeks to experience the hometown reception.

Key shows ahead:

1. July 12th(Thurs.)--First time against Phantom Regiment, Scouts, and Spirit

2. July 14th (Sat.)--First regional in Minnesota with EVERYONE

Does anyone know if the order of appearance is already set for Minnesota or if it will change later. One part of the DCI site says it IS the order of appearance, but if you click on details it says "Order of performance will be released closer to the event." If the order of appearance is as shown, the Crossmen going on some much earlier than their key competition could be a monkey wrench given the way judging is.

Of course, that order has Cavaliers going on after Crown and, given where they've been this season, I wouldn't want to be there.

* I'm a Philadelphia sports fan. We know about having our hopes built up and then dashed.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

I saw the show for the first time from the front fence, on the 45. The corps looks great and I can say I won't be surprised if this corps makes finals. The show received a tepid applause, but I have a feeling it will play better in a regional situation. I can't help but hope for more color in the uni, and maybe something can be done with the shadow guys? All that black on the field doesn't do it for me, but I'm weird. Utimately design is up to the peeps getting paid for it. I'm just happy the corps is looking and sounding great in early July.

I was in the 14th row. The seats next to me were empty until one group showed up to the right just before Colts (after Crossmen finished) and another showed up after Colts. Both groups hadn't even bothered to take their seats until after Crossmen performed.

For those who were in the stands during the Crossmen show, some people behind me were confused when someone reacted to the Crossmen's laying down and forming the world map. They said, "what is it?" I had to explain it's a world map and they said "ohhhhhhh." So, some people recognized the map. Others need to be prompted.

It's hard to tell from the 14th row anyway. This wasn't a high stadium.

I'm wondering... Has anyone else noticed that Australia is not there? Am I missing something? All I've seen of them are videos so maybe it's off-screen somewhere?