Carolina Crown 2012

I thought 2009 Crown was plenty effective. Even if you want to argue that the Blue Devils were cleaner (they were) or more effective (debatable), Crown's show was about 600 times harder--especially in brass; Blue Devils' brass book in 2009 is the single-easiest brass book I've heard from a DCI Champion, EVER--but was (seemingly) not rewarded for it at all.

I loved Crown 2009, but it was one snare drummer fall away from being a 3rd place show. Yet, I agree with you that the horn book was extraordinary (along with the performance), but BD 2009's Piano Concerto was tough stuff, too. To be that exposed musically and spot clean to boot? Very VERY difficult. Not to mention that the drill in that section was insane. Now, the second half of that show? You've got every right to criticize that! I'm with you one hundred percent.

Crown 2010 was the heartbreaker for me because I felt they really took some risks. That's why I'm excited for them this year! This show sounds like it could be the one...

Edited by wallace
  • Like 2

I loved Crown 2009, but it was one snare drummer fall away from being a 3rd place show. Yet, I agree with you that the horn book was extraordinary (along with the performance), but BD 2009's Piano Concerto was tough stuff, too. To be that exposed musically and spot clean to boot? Very VERY difficult. Not to mention that the drill in that section was insane. Now, the second half of that show? You've got every right to criticize that! I'm with you one hundred percent.

For me Crown 2010 was the heartbreaker for me because I felt they really took some risks. That's why I'm excited for them this year! This show sounds like it could be the one...

Oi! Here we go again........ :fight:

• Like 3

Back to 2012 thumbup.gif

This show is REALLY exciting. Already a lot of great moments on the field. It reminds me a lot of Cadets '98. First time I saw that show it seemed as if the Cadets were moving and playing at an entirely different level than the rest of competitors on the field. Can't WAIT to see the entire show!

• Like 4

as someone who often thinks Crown has gone a little too far to the cheese side of things, I feel obligated to say that I am super pumped for this show. I expect it to be awesome, and it might even be enough to win, depending on what BD and Cavaliers have to say. I don't think Cadets will be in the running this year.

• Like 7

I'm really happy to see this community get behind us so much this year!

You all may be pumped to see us perform, and trust me when I say that we are really excited to perform it for you. There's absolutely nothing about this show I don't like! And it's a show that is very challenging, but one that the crowd will understand and (hopefully) enjoy.

PS: Almost up to the ballad on the field :D 2 more weeks!

Cool, now get off DCP and study your dot book

smile.gif

• Like 6

I'm really happy to see this community get behind us so much this year!

You all may be pumped to see us perform, and trust me when I say that we are really excited to perform it for you. There's absolutely nothing about this show I don't like! And it's a show that is very challenging, but one that the crowd will understand and (hopefully) enjoy.

PS: Almost up to the ballad on the field :D 2 more weeks!

Keep up all the hard work! see you guys this weekend.

I had never heard of "Dreams" before so I looked it up and found this amazing video of the the Brisbane Excelsior brass band playing it: http://vimeo.com/10943220

Excelsior Brisbane's Site

These guys are fantastic!!! I would love to see them live.

This music is perfect for drum corps...especially Carolina Crown. It's going to be very difficult for them to pull off which is just the way I like it. They must've known that they had all of their horses returning this year if they even dared to attempt something this ambitious.

I'm still waiting for them to do a show that's completely Rite of Spring ;)

Edited by Medeabrass
  • Like 3

This music is perfect for drum corps...especially Carolina Crown.

:thumbup: