Carolina Crown 2012

That's Gold?

I guess it's the Lt. Commander Data effect.... ( They had a problem with his color on cameras)

Thanks for letting me know, because I wouldn't have gotten "Gold" out of that... smile.gif

I may have a better pic -- just attached the camera. Has the guard uniform been posted? Need to get back into DCP sync !!

<edit>

Didn't see the guard uniform posted here so I'm gonna hold off posting until after the 1st show. I'm sure it's the silver sequins washing out the gold. It's looks gold live. Anyhow it's a cool effect.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

Wow that photo does not do the uniform justice. The color on the reveal matches the color on the guard reveal -- it's a very rich, shimmery, golden fabric. In that pic it looks like sandpaper :-( Live and in person the color really pops under the lights.

For the Common Gold? :shutup:

• Like 1

Not overly impressed if I am being honest. Kinda disappointed in the brass book. A lot of busy stuff just for the sake of being busy it seems.

You'd have to talk to Bertrand Moren about that. If you listen to the original piece (Dreams) , all that "busy stuff" is pretty much the source music.

• Like 3

very cadetish?......If I didnt know it was Crown it seemed very old school Cadets...maybe not..maybe it was just a 1st reaction.....talented for sure

Only because Cadets went all brass band music for a little while. I think this stuff it actually a bit meatier than Stonehenge (and I *loved* Stonehenge!).

The show has a lot of "brass effects" which sound pretty awesome! and I do like how the comman man theme returns throughout. There's maybe 1 or 2 short sections that seem a little awkward audibly without the visual but this show is definetly top 3.

Agree 100%. All those smaller sections make complete sense when hear them in context with the visual production.

What I love about the arranging is that I actually "hear" Copland's 3rd Symphony - not a truncated version written to fit everything else in the show - you know, the "Oh that melody sounds familiar" methodology.

The arranger not only incorporated Fanfare for the Common Man, he also incorporated portions of the actual symphony, true to the way they were written by the composer.

This is not "Cadetish"...and that is being said from someone who loves Cadet's '88.

Absolutely true ! There's a lot of Copland 3 in the show -- more than I expected actually.

Hey Eric... like Jeff suggested a couple pages ago, you really should have a you tube channel. Let some info out yourself, then you dont' have to worry about asking to take so many videos down, because less people will feel the need to post something.

I mean, your rehearsals are open to the public... what's really the problem with a standstill music performance being on YouTube? If anything it creates more excitement to actually get out a see the show live. I know it excited me.

I just don't get the whole huge secrecy thing.

It you don't want the full show on there, maybe ask people to edit the videos down, so we still get a sneak peek... or do it all in house, and release you're own edited videos?

I don't know, just throwing it out there.

The only reason I can see for the secrecy is if there are copyright issues involved.... which I could imagine happens when larger chunks are put on youtube. So that's where I see the YouTube channel working, like it has for other corps, like Cadets and Crossmen recently.

• Like 5

The guy that made that video needs a phone with a better camera/mic. I was sitting at the top of the bottom section of the bleachers on the 50 maybe only 8 vertical feet above the field. And the audio recording I made with a Droid phone is loud and clear as a bell with very little distortion. But that's OT.

Thank you Crown for still giving us fans an awesome show despite the rain! I would've loved to see the full show marched one last time before ya'll left GW, but gosh I do love having my face blown off with standstills! :worthy:

• Like 3

The guy that made that video needs a phone with a better camera/mic. I was sitting at the top of the bottom section of the bleachers on the 50 maybe only 8 vertical feet above the field. And the audio recording I made with a Droid phone is loud and clear as a bell with very little distortion. But that's OT.

Thank you Crown for still giving us fans an awesome show despite the rain! I would've loved to see the full show marched one last time before ya'll left GW, but gosh I do love having my face blown off with standstills! :worthy:

My recording came out pretty well (Lumix FZ-30). Unfortunately 3 mins in you can hear rain hitting my umbrella 'til the end :-\