Carolina Crown 2012

WOW. Talk about a flashback. I remember corps meetings on those very same steps my three years marching. I would guess Crown has had a corps meeting on those steps every year the night before their Allentown performance. For some reason, seeing photos of the corps at RMS always makes me nostalgic.

Your first meeting there (my last meeting) wasn't a good meeting at all. :tongue: Drum corps: where the bad memories become good memories.

Your first meeting there (my last meeting) wasn't a good meeting at all. :tongue: Drum corps: where the bad memories become good memories.

HA! Too true.

Rehearsal here tonight:

2436074594_a5cefbaba2.jpg

Nice spot for a night rehearsal. I envision lots of cleaning the box from the box...

• Like 1

Is it me or does Crown look like 1993 Star of Indiana? I know they always looked to Star and Cadets originally for a goal and identity... well, the first year it was Suncoast Sound as inspiration (not only in staff, but in musical direction)... Its an interesting show, nothing I havent really seen before, but never the less, its done well... the visual and percussion program seem to be holding them back a bit, but otherwise very nice well rounded show, for the exception of Bb horns.:tongue:

Bb horns = "huh?, what? cant hear you?"

• Like 3

Is it me or does Crown look like 1993 Star of Indiana? I know they always looked to Star and Cadets originally for a goal and identity... well, the first year it was Suncoast Sound as inspiration (not only in staff, but in musical direction)... Its an interesting show, nothing I havent really seen before, but never the less, its done well... the visual and percussion program seem to be holding them back a bit, but otherwise very nice well rounded show, for the exception of Bb horns.:tongue:

Bb horns = "huh?, what? cant hear you?"

Bb brass complaints against Crown = Falacy

Everyone else ... sure

Sure you can hear some of them very clearly ... but that doesn't mean what we're hearing is pretty. Crown is not in that conversation

• Like 1