Carolina Crown 2012

Time to start the official Crown thread since Mr. Sabach has posted his usual "it's coming soon" teaser on FB:

----------------------

41604_21330342640_1760217700_q.jpgCarolina Crown23 hours ago

GUESS THE DATE AND EITHER MORNING, AFTERNOON, OR EVENING OF THE DATE WE ANNOUNCE OUR SHOW THEME...and you will win a 2012 Tour shirt and some Crown Swag. There will only be one winner, so the first to post the correct day and morning/afternoon/evening will win. Ready.... Set.... GOOOOOOOOOOO!

----------------------

Crown's musical selections are ... well... you better buckle up folks. It's gonna be a heck of a ride!

Great show this year congrats. On PBS James Taylor posted (Tanglewood 75th birthday concert ). The Boston pops played Common man for their 1st number. Have a great day,

Will there be trombones?

Yep--but unfortunately, with an 80-member brass line, they can only field 2 sopranos, 1 mello, and the "one and only bass".

I was in the oil can Saturday night and have to add my appreciation for Crown's performance. I've attended many DCI Finals over the years and other championships before that, and very seldom have I witnessed performances that transcend entertainment and create a special bonding experience between corps and crowd. Saturday night was like that. As Crown entered the field, the noise level increased exponentially. It was as if the majority of those there were willing Crown into a great performance, and Crown got the message. I've only experienced this level of performance magic a few times, e.g., Cadets 1982, Blue Devils, 1979, Troopers 1970, and St. Kevin's Emerald Knights, 1960. I was very glad to be a part of that experience last Saturday night. Thank you, Crown.

• Like 7