Yesterday was a truly great experience for those of us in the Selden Cadets Alumni. We were in the company of some of the living legends of drum corps and had the honor of having the great John Sasso (who was inducted into the Bugler's Hall of Fame later that evening) conduct us in "The Lord's Prayer" a beautiful arrangement he did for the "Sunrisers" many years ago that has become a constant part of our repetiorie for many years.

Take a bow Selden for delivering one of your greatest performances to date. The addition of "I Will Follow Him" and the newest arrangement "Oh Mary Don't You Weep" were the highlights of an already great repetioire were greeted with standing ovations (as was our entire performance).

Thank you to Anthony Convertito and the Bugler's Hall of Fame for putting together a great show and induction dinner.

And....speaking of the dinner, the Selden Cadets Alumni want to thank John Sasso for honoring us by conducting the corps as they played "The Lord's Prayer" both at the show and the dinner.

The alumni activity is all about honoring "the legends" both living and those that have passed on to a greater place. There is no greater way to do this than by supporting the shows that we are all in.

All the corps and people that were a part of this show yesterday are truly great.

• Like 1

Hats and Shackos off to you Anthony and the rest of the Buglers Hall of fame for a wonderful show and day of Drum Corps! The day was filled with very talented individual performers and ensembles. A very good day. So much talent displayed in the individuals contest. Truly a tough day to be a brass judge! As always it's great to have the opportunity to mingle with the legends that built this activity. For the Individual Soprano contest, Wow! I'd be proud to perform with any and all of you that was a tough race. I'd pass the very classy award to South Jersey for the "Old Style" Soprano line. Nice job all! Such a Good day! I better get to work on next years solo!

• Like 1

Yesterday was a truly great experience for those of us in the Selden Cadets Alumni. We were in the company of some of the living legends of drum corps and had the honor of having the great John Sasso (who was inducted into the Bugler's Hall of Fame later that evening) conduct us in "The Lord's Prayer" a beautiful arrangement he did for the "Sunrisers" many years ago that has become a constant part of our repetiorie for many years.

Take a bow Selden for delivering one of your greatest performances to date. The addition of "I Will Follow Him" and the newest arrangement "Oh Mary Don't You Weep" were the highlights of an already great repetioire were greeted with standing ovations (as was our entire performance).

Thank you to Anthony Convertito and the Bugler's Hall of Fame for putting together a great show and induction dinner.

And....speaking of the dinner, the Selden Cadets Alumni want to thank John Sasso for honoring us by conducting the corps as they played "The Lord's Prayer" both at the show and the dinner.

The alumni activity is all about honoring "the legends" both living and those that have passed on to a greater place. There is no greater way to do this than by supporting the shows that we are all in.

All the corps and people that were a part of this show yesterday are truly great.

thumbup.gifworthy.gifthumbup.gifworthy.gif

Thank you Irene and the Selden Cadets!!!

If I may, I'd like to add one more "THANKS" to Angela Brassmen for posting (on FB) a video clip of John Sasso conducting"The Lord's Prayer" Saturday in Bridgeport!! worthy.gif

Again CONGRATULATIONS to John Sasso for his induction into the BHOF, Class of 2012! thumbup.gif

Congrats to all of the 2012 inductees...especially my friends Steve Cooley and Chris Ferrara.

The afternoon show was dynamite. The great trumpet and sopranon division where they just kept coming at ya...The ensembles such as Basement Brass, Brass Menagerie, Romeo Cadets et al. The surprising Springfield Marksmen Mini Corps that was MUCH improved this year, and The South Jersey Vagabonds made it a very tough judging assigment.

The BIG corps...

Connecticut Alumni...Dave Negri is allowing them to fill the horns up with air for a big BOLD sound. Cakes had a couple of Q #'s in there. They didnt hold back at all. Nice going.

South Jersey...great soprano line, and overall good corps. I really liked that they showed respect to the judges and crowd by saluting before every individual solo

St Rita's ....introduced a very sophisticated arrangement of Holst's Mars from the Planets and great soprano work from Mr Maldonado on Minnie the Moocher. Ruben was on top of his game as usual, and another baritone soloist showed that Ruben wasnt the only GREAT baritone player in the Brassmen.

Springfield showed that have many players that werent in their fine mini corps and a working guard integrated in the horn line.

Park City Pride debuted a brand show around the music of Frank Sinatra, and had a big full sound. Great solo work.

Selden was on fire and paid tribute to John Sasso, and allowed some of the BHOF members and inductees to play along.

Glad I went.

Donny

• Like 1

Did anyone find a soprano at the show , one of our member (PCP) lost his during the day . Let us know if someone has it to return .

thanks Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I have the horn, Anthony brought it to us in the bar at about 2AM. I thought it might be one of ours becouse it came with a pair of black gloves that are the same as we use.

Paul

Congrats to all of the 2012 inductees...especially my friends Steve Cooley and Chris Ferrara.

The afternoon show was dynamite. The great trumpet and sopranon division where they just kept coming at ya...The ensembles such as Basement Brass, Brass Menagerie, Romeo Cadets et al. The surprising Springfield Marksmen Mini Corps that was MUCH improved this year, and The South Jersey Vagabonds made it a very tough judging assigment.

The BIG corps...

Connecticut Alumni...Dave Negri is allowing them to fill the horns up with air for a big BOLD sound. Cakes had a couple of Q #'s in there. They didnt hold back at all. Nice going.

South Jersey...great soprano line, and overall good corps. I really liked that they showed respect to the judges and crowd by saluting before every individual solo

St Rita's ....introduced a very sophisticated arrangement of Holst's Mars from the Planets and great soprano work from Mr Maldonado on Minnie the Moocher. Ruben was on top of his game as usual, and another baritone soloist showed that Ruben wasnt the only GREAT baritone player in the Brassmen.

Springfield showed that have many players that werent in their fine mini corps and a working guard integrated in the horn line.

Park City Pride debuted a brand show around the music of Frank Sinatra, and had a big full sound. Great solo work.

Selden was on fire and paid tribute to John Sasso, and allowed some of the BHOF members and inductees to play along.

Glad I went.

Donny

I have to give credit to that un named other baritone soloist from St Rita's.His name is Steve Wright...a former SKYLINER and unquestionably one of the finest horns i have ever heard.Steve is very humble and layed back....but I marveled at his talent when he marched with me in NY. Jimmy M..Ruben, Billy P, The Col.Joe..on and on...no wonder the BRASSMEN sound so good ...with a compact horn line.