2012 Blue Devils

I'm sure crown will play something banal

I'll take banal over anal if thats what Crown's been playing the last few years.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 5

I'm sure crown will play something banal and insipid for all the dullards who care more about a dumb tune to whistle than something that inspires actual thought.

I don't go to drum corps shows to find a new whistling tune any more than I go to them to be inspired.

I go to be entertained because I like the marching arts.

• Like 1

How long ago did they change the last "movements" repertoire?

GERTRUDE WRITES A PLAY

"Peppy and George" Ludovic Bource (from The Artist)

"Dr. Bones" Steve Perry

"New Arrival" Danny Elfman (from Corpse Bride)

"Tevot" Thomas Ades

"Rhapsody in Blue" George Gershwin :worthy:

I dunno, I think this can be really good. They're really going to have to layer all the different musical themes and pieces almost perfectly for it to not be choppy, I listened to all the source material (amazing stuff) and there's lots of passages to pick from. I made the mistake last year of thinking I was going to hate it and I ended up loving it, I'm not making that mistake again. So until I see it, no comment, I think most of us should do the same. I loved 2008 and 2011, and didn't mind 2009, so I'm not hostile.

I'm sure crown will play something banal and insipid for all the dullards who care more about a dumb tune to whistle than something that inspires actual thought.

If you weren't familiar with an organization, and the only thing you had to go by was their mission statement, and it said: Our mission is to inspire actual thought. What would you think that organization was? A marching arts organization? Umm.......No

How far up your own arse are you when you think your 11 minute drum corps show is striving to inspire actual thought? Pretty funny stuff.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 2

How long ago did they change the last "movements" repertoire?

GERTRUDE WRITES A PLAY

"Peppy and George" Ludovic Bource (from The Artist)

"Dr. Bones" Steve Perry

"New Arrival" Danny Elfman (from Corpse Bride)

"Tevot" Thomas Ades

"Rhapsody in Blue" George Gershwin :worthy:

I always like Gershwin... thumbup.gif They did a good job with Piano Concerto in F in 2009. Why not? smile.gif

"Dr. Bones" Steve Perry

Now that I've realized what this was, my inner 7th grade nerd is coming back from when this awesome album was first released. :worthy:

SeenSay.jpg

The dinosaur says... "RAAWWWWWWWRRRR" :tongue:

yeah 43....a dinosaur.

guess what...i know many kids that go to shows that feel the same way

• Like 1