2012 Blue Devils

There are no absolutes here. Out of the box, counter-intuitive designs?...yes! ABBD....yes as well!

EMBD

Entertain me, Blue Devils!

• Like 4

I agree with ChaddyT

Entertain me Blue Devils... Like you seem to do ALMOST every year! :devil:

• Like 1

It would be a misread of national audience sentiment to conclude that a tepid crowd response to a show performance is due to a Corps " winning consisently ". Cavs " win consistently"... so don't The Cadets. BD has gotten great crowd responses to their winning shows in the past too.

I hear this alot YET I spent all summer touring with another corps and was with BD at times and never remember tepid crowd response BUT also dont remember the rip roaring throw babies ( hate that saying ) that many claim there was for others. In fact I can remember a few mid week shows that got a so so response from what many here call the fan fav's.......All in the interp. I guess

Edited by GUARDLING

EMBD

Entertain me, Blue Devils!

thumbup.gif

EMBD!

Half of communication is delivery...the other half is reception. This is an old tune from you Jeff...but you do have this penchant for the past! :-}

And speaking of delivery.....are you a Dad yet? If so, congratz!

june 22ish is DDay.

and if others keep saying it to you, maybe it is the messenger, not the person receiving the message. I know you well enough to know when you're full of #### and when you're just your usual self

:tongue:

It would be a misread of national audience sentiment to conclude that a tepid crowd response to a show performance is due to a Corps " winning consisently ". Cavs " win consistently"... so don't The Cadets. BD has gotten great crowd responses to their winning shows in the past too.

:worthy:

I hear this alot YET I spent all summer touring with another corps and was with BD at times and never remember tepid crowd response BUT also dont remember the rip roaring throw babies ( hate that saying ) that many claim there was for others. In fact I can remember a few mid week shows that got a so so response from what many here call the fan fav's.......All in the interp. I guess

There are always outliers. We are referring however to overall gauge of show by the collective national audiences.

I'm not pushing Phantom here... but just to use them for an example,.... if we can state with some degree of certainty that Phantom Regiment in 2008 was a hit with national audiences, we likwise can state with some degree of certainty when a Corps show came up short with national audiences. This is not to say that some Corps shows not liked in general by national audiences were received well by us. There has been Corps show that audiences did not seem to like as much as i did. But I have no illusion that what I liked was shared by other audiences. For example, while I really did enjoy Phantom Regiment in 2008, the national audience response I witnessed for them was not quite shared at that level by me. But I could still observe that the audience loved them... a lot, that year. Likewise, I believe I'm not incapable of observing when a Corps show reception is not as good as in the past. But thats just my take and comments on this too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

There are always outliers. We are referring however to overall gauge of show by the collective national audiences.

I'm not pushing Phantom here... but just to use them for an example,.... if we can state with some degree of certainty that Phantom Regiment in 2008 was a hit with national audiences, we likwise can state with some degree of certainty when a Corps show came up short with national audiences. This is not to say that some Corps shows not liked in general by national audiences were received well by us. There has been Corps show that audiences did not seem to like as much as i did. But I have no illusion that what I liked was shared by other audiences. For example, while I really did enjoy Phantom Regiment in 2008, the national audience response I witnessed for them was not quite shared at that level by me. But I could still observe that the audience loved them... a lot, that year. Likewise, I believe I'm not incapable of observing when a Corps show reception is not as good as in the past. But thats just my take and comments on this too.

But keep in mind that some of the reaction on finals 2008 was due to who didn't win. That's just the way it is...and it's not one or the other...it's a big mix of both.

Edited by Plan9

2008 was great no doubt BUT theres a bigger picture with that. PR was the one to beat BD and maybe everyone that year and everyone loves a new winner let alone one who has done it so few times. This added to the frenzy. I also remember the talk about the violence in the show...the guard stuff etc etc.. they deserved it no doubt and if you want to judge all by 1 year of PR why arent we talking about everyones claps in comparison..Its because its BD and they go against the grain with some...maybe many...........Like I said Bottom line it doesnt seem to matter and knowing many of the kids they are very happy with what they do...I hate comparisons but its also like saying the Pres. is the one who had the popular vote......not true..its only a part of the bigger pic