Conquistadors Launch Fundraising Campaign

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Johnson City, NY

The Conquistadors Performing Arts Association of Johnson City, NY announced today the kickoff of a brand new fundraiser. The organization plans to field a mini corps for 2013 and is currently sponsoring an independent winterguard. We are in need of an equipment truck to be able to travel to guard shows and to hold our instruments for the corps. At this point we have negotiated the purchase of a truck to $4,000 and need support of the drum corps and local communities to be able to raise the funds to purchase it.

The organization has partnered with GoFundMe.com to setup a donation website. We ask that if possible, people make a small donation to the group. Every little bit will help and make the donation counter go up. Enough small donations will get us to our goal very quickly and we will be very grateful to all of our supporters.

To visit the donation website, please click here: http://www.gofundme.com/l35jg. You will also be able to share the story to facebook and Twitter.

The Conquistadors official website is located at: http://conquistadors.webs.com/

• Like 1

Hey everyone I just wanted to take a moment to reply on behalf of the corps. I wanted to offer a little bit in the way of prizes in recognition of people that donate so any donations $25 or more received by May 31st will get you a Conquistadors Drum & Bugle Corps T-shirt. Also any corporate donors who contribute $500 or more can opt to have their logo on the truck and website as a sponsor.

I had a few inquiries about sending donation checks so I wanted to put up the mailing address. It is:

Conquistadors Performing Arts Association, Inc.

30 Concord St. #2

Johnson City, NY 13790-2216

Checks can be made payable to 'Conquistadors.'

I also wanted to thank those that contacted me offering words of encouragement and advice. It is always appreciated. :smile: