Teaser--Review Coming Monday Night!!

Good morning -

My good/bad/ugly?

GOOD - Impulse and Esparanza. I was so impressed with the latter especially. Fab guard and cool music.

BAD - Blinding sun! Could NOT see my DMs during the show...and I'm two feet away in the pit!

UGLY - Heat nasea and sleep deprivation. 'nuf said. (and sleeping in the bus aisle!)

Nevertheless....I loved going on tour again, meeting people, and reverting to potty mouth. Nothing like a physically challenging tour to bring back a sailor vocabulary!

MAV...at work with only three hours sleep!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing like a physically challenging tour to bring back a sailor vocabulary!

Yes, and as Sam proved in his last post, the drum corps potty mouth came right to DCP! ^0^

Oh, Jeff Ream brought it here WAY before me!! :P

I'm going to throw my uniform in the freezer right now so it'll be nice and cool for Sunnyvale.   :P

The sholder pads are made out of that freezer gel material so you should be good to go.

####....can I get some of that stuff for the shoulder pad in MY uni? I'm usually in a good deal of "discomfort" by the swing section in "Malaga"

'Course, the first show I was in agony in the middle of "Beautiful Maria"...so the grimace on my face wasn't a hype...

my UGLY was the smog that day. only one person in our 14 person drumline wasn't coughing at the end of our rehersal that day at West Covina high school. the smog was SOOOO thick we couldn't see the beautiful mountains that were so clearly visible the day before. ampssuck

i hope i never have to experience that again. (wishful thinking)

UGLY is being in smog so thick you can cut it with a knife, and simultaneously being expected to actually put air thru a Contrabass.

(cough, hack)

LOL

WAY, WAY, WAY out of breath afterwards..................but I had a pretty good show/s nonetheless.

Good/bad/ugly? Alright.

Good: Fever, for giving us two badly-needed pairs of black gloves! Guys, we're in your debt.

Bad: Yamato, for setting up their horn arc about fifteen feet from ours, facing us, for warmups. At 13 horns, they still outnumbered us more than 2 to 1. Very considerate; thanks.

Good: Yamato, for forcing our hornline to play with increased concentration, musicality, and sensitivity by setting up their horn arc about fifteen feet away from ours, facing us, for warmups. It may have accounted for our highest brass score of the season thus far. Very considerate; thanks.

Ugly: The field.

Ugly: The school.

Ugly: No 7-11 within a couple miles of the school.

Ugly: West Covina.

Ugly: That Mojave Desert area of the track for pit-staging area... man that thing sucked, and got my shoes all dirty, not to mention having to push the equipment through that thick sand.

the good: random renegades members helping us get up and down a hill on our way to and from the field. Thanks guys!

Edit: ok Turner, it's 5 pm... officially night, or evening if you'd like? None the less, where's our review??

Edited by pitguy

Ugly: That Mojave Desert area of the track for pit-staging area... man that thing sucked, and got my shoes all dirty, not to mention having to push the equipment through that thick sand.

Attention Group. We have officially exceeded the show site complaint allocation for one DCP thread. Please refer all future complaints to RAMD. LOL. :P

Edited by drumlaw80