**NEW** DCPI Website

We have just released our new DCPI website!!

This new site is built on the popular Wordpress platform, so will make make it *much* easier for our DCPI Directors to add content about their corps and keep information up-to-date. All of our Scores, Show Listing, Caption Selections, and Schedule Editors applications have been integrated into the new system and are ready for your use.

However ... you **MUST** register on the new site to create an account in the system. Without this account, you will not be able to login to the site and manage your corps.

• Visit the site at http://www.drumcorpsfantasy.com and select the "Register" link in the "LogIn" module in the lower right of the screen.
  • Complete the registration form and be sure to respond to the validation EMail you will receive. (NOTE: You must use a valid EMail address to complete registration!)
  • Once you have confirmed your EMail, you will be provided a temporary password - which you can use to log into the system.
  • Use the Profile link to visit your personal profile and CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD to something you'll remember.

Once this has been completed, we will need to update the system database with your new userID, so you can access your corps' Caption Selections and Schedule. NOTE: Your corps will NOT appear in the Caption Selection or Schedule pages until we have completed this step - so please give us 24 hours after you've registered to complete this process.

We'll get more information out to you about posting corps updates on the site in the next week or so. If you have experience with Wordpress, you'll already have everything you need to create these posts.

Feel free to post questions here and we'll do our best to answer them quickly.

For now - GO REGISTER ON THE NEW SITE

Enjoy!!

An important follow-up- ALL previously registered DCPI directors will need to re-register at the new site. Unfortunately there's no easy way to migrate over directors' accounts to the new site. Fortunately, the registration process is easier on the new site than it was on the old one. :smile:

Additionally, directors should find it much easier to publish updates and articles about their corps on the new site as well.

• Like 1

Yaay!! Very cool stuffs and very easy too - Thank You!

It's official...WYAA is back this summer.

I'm a bit confused, I've registered on the new website, now what do I need to do?

Woot! Part 1 done :thumbup:

Part 2 is selecting tour: check the schedule for where you'd like to tour (one of the new drop-down menus). I don't think there are any restrictions on your choices, but do try to keep a reasonable approach (ex: Bowling Green to Anaheim to Midland = ok. Bowling Green to Shanghai to Midland = not so ok). Once you've an idea of the path you'd like to take, find your corps schedule drop-down menu and select your desired locations! Max is 30 shows (I think).

Part 3 is caption selection: using the 2011 finals recap sheets, you'll select captions for your corps based on what happened last year AND what you think will happen this year. During the season you will have opportunities to alter your selections to accommodate what the actual results are from current shows. Each class has a different amount of points you're allowed to spend on captions selections (you don't have to spend them all right away, sometimes pocketing a couple points can do good - but you will want all points used before seasons end).

Live Seasons can get kinda tricky for everyone, so sit back and enjoy what looks to be another spectacularly wild season!

I'm a bit confused, I've registered on the new website, now what do I need to do?

In addition to what Jon said (and before you can select your Schedule and Caption Selections), the DCPI Administrator will have to add your corps to the database. Once things are setup, you'll find your corps listed in the selection list on both the Schedule and Caption Selection pages. Until then, there's not a lot you can do.

Thanks for your patience on this as Matt and I are getting things ironed-out with the new site and the conversion from our old system.

-john

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, you spelled Quiksilver with a "c" on the main page :P

So far the new system is looking great! :thumbup: