Spirit 2012

Really? How can you honestly and objectively think their show is better than the Scouts? First of all, their visual difficulty can not even compare to The Scouts' program. Secondly, their difficulty of music is not even in the same.ballpark with the Scouts' book. The bottom line is this, if Spirit would like to move up into the category of competition with the next tier of corps like Boston, Scouts and Cavaliers, they better come out with a more difficult musical book and a more difficult visual program next year. Their visual program was not even as strong as Blue Stars. Let alone Scouts, Boston or Cavies.

You have no idea what you are talking about!!!

• Like 1

You have no idea what you are talking about!!!

I guess the judges don't either!!

• Like 1

Hey bob, if you don't like SOA, get off the Spirit thread.

That said, the quarterfinals run seemed pretty flat to me (in the theater) and they had some timing issues, which is really surprising at this point. Hope the corps has a good rehearsal today and pulls it together tonight with a little more confidence.

Also, a couple of things that have been bugging me about the end of the show, with the voiceovers...

1) the fact that the spoken parts exist. They make me cringe every time.

2) the "Place your Bets!" part. The main guard character is supposed to be playing poker (pushing poker chips to the center of the field) not betting on a horse race in 1938.

3) the "winning" sound effect is a slot machine. Again, he's playing poker. Maybe he won the hand, his horse won, AND he hit the slots at the same time?

Other than that, it's a fun show and I like it. When the hornline hits their stride on "Luck be a Lady" it can really blow the doors off the place. Sometimes I think it can be hard to compete with a "fun" show when you're not a clear powerhouse. Cadets have a "fun" show and they perform the hell out of it and it works. "Sin City" on the field after Firebird suite I think caught the audience a little flat last night.

Edited by DeepSouthDCI

Go Spirit!!! <(

Show them you've come to play!

Good luck tonight Spirit! You guys have an awesome show this year, for sure I real return to form for Spirit of Atlanta (which is so great to say and type!) Maybe you guys can get back to 10th, so you can be next to Crossmen in the retreat block? That would be so great to see!