Spirit 2012

I don't doubt that a bit. Though I would if you said "2011 Phantom". As much as people don't want to admit it, the standards for today's top 6 is much different than it was 9 or 10 years ago. Some will argue with that out of jealousy for their era of drum corps but again, lets call a spade a spade.

I am a Music Ed. major at Jacksonville State University and my primary instrument is saxophone. I marched Teal Sound 2009-2011 on contra, was their horn sergeant in 2011, auditioned (and received a 1 and a contract in December) for the Phantom Regiment for the 2012 season and was with them all the way up until March when I had to back out for a myriad of personal reasons. I am also the section leader of the 20J section for the Marching Southerners at JSU. I don't buy the excuse that woodwind players can't march drum corps or play a brass instrument... And I find it absolutely ridiculous that people in this thread are saying they think Spirit of Atlanta is in trouble for the 2012 season because they have 6 or 7 woodwind players in their brass-line. I have a friend who plays bass-flute and marched Cadets last year when they, ya know, won DCI Championships.

But on an on-topic note, I think Spirit could possibly make Top 8 this year, and same with Madison Scouts. I think it would be awesome to see these two old war horses back in top!

Edited by TonyDanza007
  • Like 2

Lets talk about Spirit closing the gap! :thumbup:

2 shows ago ~ 1.9

1 show ago ~ .9

Tonight ~ .5

Great job!

Now, don't be rude... be sure to wave as you go by. :tongue:

Hearing so many GREAT things about this show. KEEP IT UP GUYS!!! Can't wait to see my old Corp in my hometown of Atlanta! Haven't seen the show and the suspense is killing me. Ya'll will have MANY EXCITED fans ready to cheer you on at the Southeastern Championships so be prepared to relish the moment and have fun with it. GO SPIRIT!

I'm just happy to see my old corps fighting (for now, at least) amongst those in the 7-10 grouping, rather than the 12-15th bunch. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Feels good man.

Been a while since we've walked these grounds competitively.

Spirit of Atlanta's show IS AMAZING!!! i love the concept and theme. the music is tastefully arranged! i love the clips of Gaga, and Eminem. Harvest and Luck be a Lady are just killer. Pokerface as the ballad is simply beautiful!!!

This show is NO JOKE!!!!! Some corps, who made the top 12 in 2011, better watch out or they will be watching on Finals night rather than performing in 2012. GO SPIRIT!!!!!! This show is a great Drum Corps show!

Edited by Corbin
  • Like 1

Great job, SPIRIT!!!! :thumbup:

GO SPIRIT!!!!!<(

This show is NO JOKE!!!!! Some corps, who made the top 12 in 2011, better watch out or they will be watching on Finals night rather than performing in 2012. GO SPIRIT!!!!!! This show is a great Drum Corps show!

This doesnt make sense because Spirit was in finals last year therefore not taking a spot awayblink.gif

my question after seeing it for the first time tonight. Will they peak to early?

wow a negative for asking a serious question...

Edited by MotorCityMusician
  • Like 1