5/5/2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview

While i cannot write much of a review since i was performing with the Buccaneer Alumni, This is what i can tell you about. I saw one corps tonight and that was the 2012 Buccaneers competing corps..My first thought was look at those drums..being a drummer of course.. the new drums this year have a blue finish on the upper shell that fades to black to the bottom..very nice. The Corps was for the most part full tonight with a few here and there missing. Every song was great and provided great power and dynamics. The drumline is going to be another great one its new and fresh and the arranging is some of the best i've seen in a dca corps. i loved the ballad as i think will most people will this summer. but the closer. 1812 wow its just wow. i think what the Buccaneers are doing with this years so is going to set another new bench mark for other corps to try to reach. personally with all the championships they have won in the past 7 years...this may be my favorite show out of all of them..i hope someone can come on here and give a better review..these are just my thoughts of what i saw just a few hours ago. i hope everyone is ready to enjoy this DCA season.

I'll get a review in ASAP. I need some rest myself and am visiting a friend today to relax.

It was a great event all around, and yes, the Bucs were absolutely on fire and on top of their game. More later.

I'll get a review in ASAP. I need some rest myself and am visiting a friend today to relax.

It was a great event all around, and yes, the Bucs were absolutely on fire and on top of their game. More later.

Sorry I missed you, W!

From my sidestage perspective... admittedly a limited one... it was a good show all around.

From sidestage/backstage, I pretty much got to see/hear only the Bucs' battery on stage... and they were excellent.

Sorry I missed you, W!

From my sidestage perspective... admittedly a limited one... it was a good show all around.

From sidestage/backstage, I pretty much got to see/hear only the Bucs' battery on stage... and they were excellent.

Excellent is a very understated way to put it. Dear God, they sent a pretty clear message to everyone when they were on stage. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Here are the photos, audio files and video I took Saturday evening. If there is anything you would like a copy of, please feel free to use as you see fit....

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview

Order of Appearance

PHOTOS:

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_00Anthem_Bucs Brass Ensemble & Honor Guard

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_01Brassmen

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_02Fusion Core

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_03Selden Cadets

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_04Buccaneer Alumni

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_05Reilly Raiders

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_06Buccaneer Competiting Corps

AUDIOS: (In compliance with copyright laws, NO audio recording of Fusion Core and the Buccaneers Competition Corps performance's were taken)

Sorry folks, ZShare is STILL down. (I think they're gone) ALL of the audio files are now up on DropBox. If you would like the audio files please send an email to me and I'll send the DropBox folder invitation for the 05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview over to you right away... (SunriserDM@gmail.com)

DropBox accounts are free (https://www.dropbox.com/home) and if you don't have an account yet (and open one using my 05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview folder link I will be sending to you) I will be credited with more storage space which I will be using to upload more audios from more shows...

Here's the list of the audio files (uploaded to DropBox) from the 05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview...

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_00Anthem_Bucs Brass Ensemble & Honor Guard

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_01Brassmen

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_02Selden Cadets

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_03Buccaneer Alumni

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_04Reilly Raiders

VIDEOS: (In compliance with copyright laws, NO video recording of Fusion Core and the Buccaneers Competition Corps performance's were taken)

I will post the video links as soon as they're done uploading. (this is taking forever!) I'll edit my post to include the links as soon as they're done...

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_01Brassmen (527MB)

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_02Selden Cadets (1.06GB)

*with apologies to my friends with the Selden Cadets, I was not able to video your last number as the batteries died and the camera shut off*

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_03Buccaneer Alumni (825MB)

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_04Reilly Raiders (861MB)

How was Fusion? Do they have good numbers?

How was Reading's show? Are they real? With all the staff changes, wondering how they are going to be?

Let's just say the Bucs are alive and doing very well. Can't wait for Wildwood. :cool:

• Like 5

OK.... the videos are now uploaded. Thanks to all for your patience...

These videos are "Unlisted", meaning you'll need these links to view them. As with all of the photos, audios and videos I take, please use as you see fit...

VIDEOS: (In compliance with copyright laws, NO video recording of Fusion Core and the Buccaneers Competition Corps performances were taken)

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_01Brassmen (527MB)

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_02Selden Cadets (1.06GB)

*with apologies to my friends with the Selden Cadets, I was not able to video your last number as the batteries died and the camera shut off*

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_03Buccaneer Alumni (825MB)

05-05-2012 Reading Buccaneers Spring Preview_04Reilly Raiders (861MB)

How was Fusion? Do they have good numbers?

How was Reading's show? Are they real? With all the staff changes, wondering how they are going to be?

Will post a review as best I can- I'm exhausted from work. All was fine.

Will post a review as best I can- I'm exhausted from work. All was fine.

Good seeing and talking with you in Elverson BigW!!

(I was getting worried because you hadn't returned since your first post.... tongue.gif )