1978 Spirit of Atlanta is DCI DVD Spotlight of the Week

I heard this show in Greeley a few days earlier and was COMPLETELY blown away. Had no idea what was coming and the magnificence of that hornline hit me like a sublime nuclear bomb. Then heard it again in Boulder and Denver. Thought they shoulda had high brass @ finals. My fave brass charts ever; bluesy, soulful, and emotionally uplifting. Whenever I feel down, I listen to this show and I'm happy again. It's like prozac w/ shakos. lol. I made a cassette tape on my handy dandy Panasonic deck at the Greeley show that sounded AWESOME. Way way better than the DCI audio. (which was terrible that year.) Like an idiot I lost it. Would give ANYTHING to have it back again. :( But, wow, what GREAT charts. Jim Ott wrote a LOT of great charts of different genres of music, but to me personally, this show is his greatest masterpiece. And to take a relatively inexperienced hornline like that and come w/in .05 of high brass. Wow, that says a lot!

• Like 1

Not sure if this link will work for everyone, but it's the G.E. brass judge's tape from 1978 finals in Denver.

http://www.facebook....188429247862436

Thanks! I've heard this on youtube quite a few times and it's great. Lloyd REALLY gets into it. lol. :) btw, here's the youtube link if the fb one doesn't work for some of you.