2012 WC drums

From the Blue Knights FB page:

485660_10150837306033026_22192163025_9630405_910026055_n.jpg

• Like 1

To add a little meat to my comment now that I am home on the couch:

I think it is a fair comment. The look of the Dynasty hardware and logo is sleek and modernist. Up against an attractive wood grain finish, which is a traditional, natural look, it clashes.

Some may not agree, but not liking it is OK. And its not likely that it will ruin their entire summer.

If you're focusing on the hardware while viewing from the stands -- especially at a regional where you might be in the upper deck -- you're missing the show.

• Like 1

If you're focusing on the hardware while viewing from the stands -- especially at a regional where you might be in the upper deck -- you're missing the show.

I'm not sure what your point is, other than maybe you live on a different planet that is currently on tour and having regional competitions. Here on planet earth, drum corps planet forums ... today, we are evaluating the look of drums. Plain and simple. From photos.

• Like 3

Had the poster said "####, those things are ugly, I won't be able to see what SCV's doing because those lugs are ungainly", maybe your comment would have made some logical sense as a response to his statement. But he didn't say that, or anything close to that, so...

(and as previously stated, I agree - Dynasty's lug design is visually heavy, hence ugly. Design counts.)

• Like 2

Speaking of WC drums, Cadets are marching an all rookie snare line this year. Don't think that is a negative though, these guys can flat out play and have great hands. Most promising snare line the Cadets have had in several years! :satisfied:

• Like 1

Speaking of WC drums, Cadets are marching an all rookie snare line this year. Don't think that is a negative though, these guys can flat out play and have great hands. Most promising snare line the Cadets have had in several years! :satisfied:

Rookies to the organization or rookies to drum corps?

Big difference; if they're true rookies, I'm impressed. If they're just new to the corps, meh.

• Like 1

:blink:

Rookies as in first year with Cadets (no big) or first year marching drum corps at any level (insane). I've heard of lines with 12-15 rooks across the entire section (battery and pit), but never an all-rookie snare line. That is noteworthy.

all rookies??? why? that's strange, that many age outs?

Phantom had an all rookie battery and pit last year (rookies to phantom), i know it's not quite the same as rookies to drum corps but still a pretty big deal.

From the Blue Knights FB page:

485660_10150837306033026_22192163025_9630405_910026055_n.jpg

those are their drums from last year. dont know if theyre getting new ones this season

• Like 1