2012 WC drums

Well so far BD still has the Marine Pearl drums but don't they usually get new ones right before tour? They sound awesome right now.

BD will have something new. Those drums have probably already been sold by Fork's.

any predictions on who can take the sanford this year?

One of the NorCal groups. I'll go with SCV. Just a feeling.

• Like 4

I would say Devs, Vanguard or Cavs. Devs are usually in the running, but it depends on if they can get clean enough. They certainly got close last year. Another year of building at Vanguard for Rennick and they'll be in the hunt too. Cavs routinely have the best front on the planet, and the combination of Tinkel and Mac with that battery is pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing all of the percussion sections this year.

I would say Devs, Vanguard or Cavs. Devs are usually in the running, but it depends on if they can get clean enough. They certainly got close last year. Another year of building at Vanguard for Rennick and they'll be in the hunt too. Cavs routinely have the best front on the planet, and the combination of Tinkel and Mac with that battery is pretty amazing. Looking forward to seeing all of the percussion sections this year.

Oh you're talking Cavies... Okay. I always get confused when people use that abbreviation...

• Like 4

Oh you're talking Cavies... Okay. I always get confused when people use that abbreviation...

While you're likely just being coy/snarky, I'm wondering what other WC drum corps you would think one would be referring to as 'Cavs,' especially when referencing Cavaliers staffers.

• Like 2

BD will have something new. Those drums have probably already been sold by Fork's.

Well our high school bought the BDB drums. we should get them in a few weeks. (the cool blue sparkle fade ones) I heard that BDA is going to field a wood finish (probably in a fade) but as far as I know they have never had anything that shows a wood finish.

While you're likely just being coy/snarky, I'm wondering what other WC drum corps you would think one would be referring to as 'Cavs,' especially when referencing Cavaliers staffers.

Honest answer...

Being from Ohio originally and growing up there, I always think of the Cleveland Cavaliers when someone says Cavs...

I've NEVER heard the Cleveland Cavaliers referred to as the Cleveland "Cavies"...

Also, I've never heard the Virginia Cavaliers referred to as the "Cavies", but I have heard the "Cavs"...

For the drum corps near and dear to my heart, I've always heard "Cavies" until very recently on here...

So to answer your question, when I hear "Cavs", I think of the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers, or the Cleveland "Cavs"....

I don't think of ANY drum and bugle corps at all...

satisfied.gif

Most other people probably don't care.... smile.gif

• Like 4

Honest answer...

Being from Ohio originally and growing up there, I always think of the Cleveland Cavaliers when someone says Cavs...

I've NEVER heard the Cleveland Cavaliers referred to as the Cleveland "Cavies"...

Also, I've never heard the Virginia Cavaliers referred to as the "Cavies", but I have heard the "Cavs"...

For the drum corps near and dear to my heart, I've always heard "Cavies" until very recently on here...

So to answer your question, when I hear "Cavs", I think of the NBA Cleveland Cavaliers, or the Cleveland "Cavs"....

I don't think of ANY drum and bugle corps at all...

satisfied.gif

Most other people probably don't care.... smile.gif

since people red minused you for misunderstanding your comment, I attempted to green plus you to try to even it out.... but I accidently clicked ANOTHER red minus... ugh... sorry :(

• Like 2

since people red minused you for misunderstanding your comment, I attempted to green plus you to try to even it out.... but I accidently clicked ANOTHER red minus... ugh... sorry :(

No worries!

I guess I'm a little confused as to why anyone who knows me or has seen what I have historically posted here on DCP would think that I'm saying that warrants a minus, especially about the Cavaliers, but I can handle some red minuses...

OT,

I frequently bump someone up when I think other people have misunderstood what they've written or have been too harsh on them... Karma and all that....

Thanks! thumbup.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2