names of corps

Best names ever:

27th Lancers

Freelancers

Santa Clara Vanguard

Black Knights (actually, most "Knights" seem cool to me...Blue, Silver, Geneseo, etc)

Blue Devils/Blue Stars/Bluecoats - "Blue" works!

Cavaliers

Phantom Regiment

Cadets

Scouts (all)

Muchacho's

No so great names (strictly IMO, ofcourse):

Firemen Vaquero's

Eye Opener's

Regal Valiants

Apple Corps

General Putnams Men

Thing

Cardinals of Precious Blood (it's just the whole "precious blood" thing...)

84th Bucktail Regiment

Nee-Hi's

New Day

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Thing is odd, I always picture that car they called the Thing.

Silver Bullets from NY

Okay, no one's mentioned Kiwanis Kavaliers yet. That in itself isn't so bad, but when I first heard about them in the early 90's they were referred to as the Kitchener Kiwanis Kavaliers. KKK ?!?!?!!?!? Ummm.... Okay. I actually had a good friend go march there when Marauders folded AND he was a big black guy. I used to tease him, "Are you sure you want to do this?" In all seriousness he had a great time and there were no problems AND they had pretty good food that I used to partake of every so often when we had shows together. But still, I'm glad they are now referred to as just the Kiwanis Kavaliers. :)

After some thought it dawned on me that the corps names I liked most had some kind of military or martial bent.

Cadets, Regiment, Troopers, Lancers, Vanguard, Knights, Cavalier, Grenadiers, Warriors, Renegades, Scouts, Crusaders - ok that's got a religious sort of ring - But I think you get my drift.

I think also it's because those were the names that were around during my tenure in the sixties and early seventies.

Puppet

Some of my favorites:

Clearwater Devil Dogs

Wisconsin Rapids Zephyrs

Percussionaut Patriots

New London Surfers

Imperial Dragons

Osage Precisionaires

Merdian Woodpeckers, St. Cosmos Don Juans and Miraculous Medal Orbits always got my attention.

Donny

I'm not sure why but I dislike the name: The Audobon Bon Bons

I'm sure there are more that I like rather than don't like...I'll be back! :P

Everyone called them the Bon Bons, but I think their actual name was "Audobon All-Girl Drum & Bugle Corps." Can anyone out there confirm or deny that information?

The Seahorse Lancers (a small corps from the New Jersey shore area, back in the 60's - 70's) was always one of my favorites.

regards,

Fred O.

Everyone called them the Bon Bons, but I think their actual name was "Audobon All-Girl Drum & Bugle Corps." Can anyone out there confirm or deny that information?

They were formally the Audubon Girls. Every single time I ever saw them they were introdcued as the Audubon Girls. They got the nickname Bon Bons by fans, but they generally weren't introduced that way in contests.