Favorite 13th Place Show

If BAC had placed in the Top 12 for the first time in 1994, with 27th's "Once More in 94" as DCI's closer, it would have been mayhem in Foxboro that night. BAC's 1994 was a great show and 13th was painful for corps members and fans alike.

It needed Conquest

• Like 2

1979 Crossmen and 1987 Florida Wave

2008 Crossmen (one of the few instances where I thought the mid-season rewrites made the show worse; just a couple weeks prior they had beaten Madison by a point in Atlanta and made it to the Top 12 evening show)

Not sure I could choose my single-favorite 13th place show, but 93 VK or 02 BK would be battling it out for my top spot.

Actually we made all our big changes before or right after Orlando. We really didn't change much after San Antonio. We just cleaned, but then ran out of steam after Allentown. And Scouts were hungry. And all our tempos were slow at quarters.. show was flat.

We were flat out awful to start out the year, got to orlando I think that may have been when we debuted the ballad rewrites. But we were still pretty bad. Really pushed that week leading up to San Antonio, cleaned a lot of stuff. The cleaning really started in Orlando. The good old "Start at set one, go one set" "Do it again" "Okay good, back at the top, add another set on", "Okay back to the top, add another set"

Yeah good stuff. Darryl P didn't always write the best drill. But he was #### good at cleaning it, and he was fierce on the field too. And didn't take #### from the box "YOU BLUE HAT! What the HELL?"

Is he still at Boston this year?

• Like 1

They were good. Loved the ending.

'91 was an epic year!!! Still my favorite year of drum corps of all time. Interesting that the year before Dutch Boy made finals and BK came in 13th. In '91, BK made finals for the first time (9th I believe) and Dutch Boy moved out of finals. Still some great shows in that 7-15 range in '91 including Dutch Boy.

Wes P

Overtime, as I recall. The staff diddled with the show so much...they kept adding stuff, but not removing anything!!! :rock:

And of course, this was during the era before stopwatches were invented. :tongue: