How Can DCI and Corps Engage us Next Couple Weeks?

cant have everything can we.......if this is eating at you that badly..write a director..tell them of your obsession and maybe they will help ya out..otherwise just wait...it just drum corps, maybe corps dont want debates on their shows before they even come out. Although many many think otherwise we ARENT entitled to know everything about corps or ANYTHING for that matter.

I said that too...he ignored it

Geez, people are sure taking summer marching band overly serious aren't they? :thumbdown:

Guys, don't worry about it. If the Blue Knights wants to wait until their first show to announce, more power to them. Madison still hasn't fully announced a rep, and people aren't crying over that. Usually, we're waiting on the Blue Devils to announce last, usually around the time of move-ins. In 2010, Madison didn't even have a title to their show. Does that mean people shouldn't have gone to go see it, because they didn't know what it was called? NO! That would be stupid.

I don't honestly know where people got this crazy sense of entitlement to know exactly what every corps is doing at every moment, maybe that's why some corps are traveling away from their home bases for pre-tour to stop people from spying on their shows and how they develop?

The first shows occur in three weeks, right? Blue Knights first show is on June 18th. Either it will be announced on that day or before it. If they want to wait, that's their decision to make.

Guys, as much as we try and paint ourselves as some high class art-form, we're still just a summer marching band sans the woodwinds. Just take a deep breath and relax

• Like 5

Geez, people are sure taking summer marching band overly serious aren't they? :thumbdown:

Guys, don't worry about it. If the Blue Knights wants to wait until their first show to announce, more power to them. Madison still hasn't fully announced a rep, and people aren't crying over that. Usually, we're waiting on the Blue Devils to announce last, usually around the time of move-ins. In 2010, Madison didn't even have a title to their show. Does that mean people shouldn't have gone to go see it, because they didn't know what it was called? NO! That would be stupid.

I don't honestly know where people got this crazy sense of entitlement to know exactly what every corps is doing at every moment, maybe that's why some corps are traveling away from their home bases for pre-tour to stop people from spying on their shows and how they develop?

The first shows occur in three weeks, right? Blue Knights first show is on June 18th. Either it will be announced on that day or before it. If they want to wait, that's their decision to make.

Guys, as much as we try and paint ourselves as some high class art-form, we're still just a summer marching band sans the woodwinds. Just take a deep breath and relax

idk... I care more about the corps that appear to care more about the fans. I don't feel "entitled" to information even though I wish some corps were more open and engaging.

Also, I think everyone here has legitimate ideas and hopes for drum corps and asking them to "take a deep breath and relax" makes DCP a pretty useless place. Why can't we as fans ask more of drum corps? Is that taboo?

I sure as hell don't care that Blue Knights and some others haven't announced their shows and it doesn't effect me in the slightest! however, maybe that's not exactly a good thing...

Edited by charlie1223

idk... I care more about the corps that appear to care more about the fans. I don't feel "entitled" to information even though I wish some corps were more open and engaging.

Also, I think everyone here has legitimate ideas and hopes for drum corps and asking them to "take a deep breath and relax" makes DCP a pretty useless place. Why can't we as fans ask more of drum corps? Is that taboo?

I sure as hell don't care that Blue Knights and some others haven't announced their shows and it doesn't effect me in the slightest! however, maybe that's not exactly a good thing...

I agree..., I think its great if corps want to announce BUT, if they choose for whatever reason not to,

( Not wanting a debate on their decisions before they go out....surprise factor, or whatever ) thats no reason to stomp our feet like a spoiled child and scream that ( I SHOULD KNOW, WHY ARE YOU DOIN THIS,LOL, I have the right :blink: )JMO

• Like 1

I see what you're driving at, and I'm fine with corps being open and honest, but I do find a problem with the people who come on here and complain and throw little tantrums when corps haven't completely announced their rep by their first audition camp. Those are the people that I think need to take a breath and relax. When the corps releases their rep, they release it. Madison hasn't released a full rep, and no one is saying a thing about it. All we know is that they are doing Pictures at an Exhibition, mixed with a bunch of other stuff. But they haven't said a word about what the other songs will be.

Fans can ask more of drum corps, but if you really think about it, DCP is a tiny slice of the drum corps audience, yet this little micro-cosm seems convinced they control the flow of DCI. It's not really like that. I'm sure the people on here have affected some opinions, but I still believe that getting worked up about a corps not releasing their show information isn't really warranted.

Patience is a virtue so many people seem to have lost.

• Like 3

I see what you're driving at, and I'm fine with corps being open and honest, but I do find a problem with the people who come on here and complain and throw little tantrums when corps haven't completely announced their rep by their first audition camp. Those are the people that I think need to take a breath and relax. When the corps releases their rep, they release it. Madison hasn't released a full rep, and no one is saying a thing about it. All we know is that they are doing Pictures at an Exhibition, mixed with a bunch of other stuff. But they haven't said a word about what the other songs will be.

Fans can ask more of drum corps, but if you really think about it, DCP is a tiny slice of the drum corps audience, yet this little micro-cosm seems convinced they control the flow of DCI. It's not really like that. I'm sure the people on here have affected some opinions, but I still believe that getting worked up about a corps not releasing their show information isn't really warranted.

Patience is a virtue so many people seem to have lost.

Nicely said fsubone. (as always) :happy:

• Like 1