How Can DCI and Corps Engage us Next Couple Weeks?

Gotta love it when someone disagrees with you and that person runs out of things to say - usually the "troll" argument gets pulled out...

Trust me sir, He NEVER runs out of things to say Lol! :blink: That's the real problem.

• Like 2

Just read 10 consecutive pages in this thread. I mention that as a point of shame, not pride.

Irony is I generally agree with the notion that corps would serve us better by telling us more. I mention that as a point of shame as well because that point of view hasn't been well-served in this thread.

HH

• Like 1

idk... I care more about the corps that appear to care more about the fans. I don't feel "entitled" to information even though I wish some corps were more open and engaging.

Also, I think everyone here has legitimate ideas and hopes for drum corps and asking them to "take a deep breath and relax" makes DCP a pretty useless place. Why can't we as fans ask more of drum corps? Is that taboo?

I sure as hell don't care that Blue Knights and some others haven't announced their shows and it doesn't effect me in the slightest! however, maybe that's not exactly a good thing...

I agree...I'd love to know everyone's shows months ago. These days you need to so yo can become familiar with the source material. And yes, it would be cool if corps did open up earlier with info.

But they don't. And #####ing here won't help change it. You want to affect change, go straight to the source of your displeasure.

• Like 1

Now who's got the serous sense of entitlement? I don't agree with you, so we don't want you as a fan, and "stay the #### home".

Nice Jeff - very classy, spoken as a true ambassador of the activity...

I have no sense of entitlement. I'm just telling you that if it's that big of an issue, such a life ruining event as you claim, then stay home. Obviously they'll never make you happy.

• Like 1

No, didn't ignore it - at least it was a legitimate suggestion instead of "stay the #### home", we don't want you. Just looking for an actual reason why many show announcements were really delayed this year compared to last year, and so far there has only been speculation.

who said we didn't want you? Don't go putting words in my mouth. I said if it pisses you off that much, stay home. There's a huge difference.

• Like 1

Ream probably owns all posting records...

I'm gonna say Sluggo back in the early days has the record mentioned above.

I have no sense of entitlement. I'm just telling you that if it's that big of an issue, such a life ruining event as you claim, then stay home. Obviously they'll never make you happy.

Who ever claimed this ruined my life (or any other of your extreme exaggeration)?  Like I said many times, I was just curious about the reasons for the delays in show announcements this year - and again, thanks to Guardling for offering a first-hand definitive reason for this. Also like I mentioned before, I will still go to Finals and a handful of other shows this year, I will still enjoy the performances, and I will still sleep at night.

On the other hand Jeff, if you are so interested in growing the activity as a lot of your posts show, I'd suggest that you don't wish any fans "stay the #### home"...

Edited by Quad Aces
  • Like 2

No, still waiting to see if someone has a real reason for the big difference from last year to this year. So far it has been just speculation.

Speculation is all we're going to get, and that's fine. If they had unlimited funds, they could get a bunch of PR reps to come here and play to the fans. But we all know that's not going to happen in the course of this thread.

My speculation: legal issues for the earlier part of the year (i.e. pre-April) so that they don't have to announce rep changes due to lack of sync rights. My second speculation: Maybe they really want you to see their show as its own organic whole and not take time listening to source material so you can be familiar with it first. I don't know, but after the enjoyment factor of last year, I'm hopeful that it won't matter one bit this time around that I don't know all about everyone's show.

But to expect a number of corps to explain their decision here on DCP (see your above quote) is a dream that won't come true. So now it's become an argument for argument's sake over the thread content, basically.