THE STORY OF THE CADETS

GET READY, IT'S COMING...the all new updated, upgraded, on-line Story of The Cadets will go live on June 9th, and best of all there's no charge. Just log on to www.theholynamecadets.net and enjoy...but NOT BEFORE JUNE 9TH. It's packed full of stories, photos, audio, and if you're lucky you might catch a whiff of aroma-therapy (not really). That's JUNE 9th, www.theholynamecadets.net Seriously, this is one heck of a "book." Check it out and see for yourself.

Seventy-eight years in coming, you'd better believe it's a blockbuster! Use this attachment with this email as a reminder to pin to your calendar. June 9th is the day.

:unhappy: this is the DCA historical forum

Hmmmm appropriate Gary... as it reflects the history of the activity overall and with the creation of Cadets2 they have a dual path...

I'll throw in my fondest moment in Cadets history - it's an old one... in 1965, they traveled to Portland OR to defend their title... unlike Cabs who knew they had competition from the upstart Rochester corps but had already beaten Rochester and everyone knew it would be close (Rochester won by the narrowist of margins)

anyway... Garfield didn't have a prayer... they knew they weren't in the same league with Chicago Royal Airs...

but the performance they did that night in multnomah stadium was one for the memory books... you could just feel this proud corps about to lose their title "give it their all" - what a magnificent performance they put on that night and yes, they lost... but it was still one of my fond memories of that evening, that decade, that century ...

• Like 1

David Hill just posted a very comprehensive review of the multi-media book "The History of The Cadets" under the DCI Reviews Section of Drum Corps Planet.

The book itself can be accessed beginning at midnight tonight, June 8th. There is no charge and no required registration of any kind. Just log onto www.theholynamecadets.net anytime after midnight. Enjoy!

In response to the large number of young people marching this summer who are and will continue to be bus-captives for many hours, we have heard your plea. The on-line book staff of "The Story of The Cadets" is investigating different down-loading options that will permit you to download the book to your hand-held devices. We would very much like to find a mechanism that will work for both the visual and audio, so some time is being invested in narrowing down the possibilities. We will not, however, drag out the process so long that the season is gone before a downloading procedure is available to you.

Suggestions that might prove helpful will be very much welcome. Please forward them to gjcmedical@aol.com.

Safe travels and good fortune to all from The Cadets' Alumni.

OK, having problems finding the audio as I'm scanning around.... Is this in a certain section that I haven't hit yet or and I missing something?

Sorry you're having problems with your audio Jim. Audio starts right from the cover page and continues throughout the book until the back cover.

Is it possible you might have overlooked putting your speakers on? Quite a few people, it seems, didn't realize that there was audio and neglected to turn on their speakers.

It might have something to do with your server as well, or the age of your computer.

Thanks for the info, combination of misunderstanding on my part and the audio link and/or app being blocked. I was checking at work during lunch time and saw that something at the top of each page was being blocked (red 'x' in a small box). Just tried it at home and see/hear what I had been missing. Since I didn't know the audio was blocked I was looking for links to shows... but now I know better...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Glad you got the problem resolved.

For others who might be having entry problems: it appears that some people have been having a frustrating experience getting into the new on-line Story of The Cadets. Some browsers it seems are a lot fussier than others If you're one of those people, we apologize for the annoyance this has caused you. We suggest that you change the site address by one digit...add a slash (/) on the end. http://www.theholynamecadets.net/

Hopefully that will work for you. Don't forget to turn on your speakers. Good luck.