Fred,

I have a copy of the videotape...cant remember who got it to me. I am slowly getting all of my old stuff transferred to dvd, so I'll keep you posted.

Here's my question.....what old DCA stuff do people have on tape they could get on dvd or online? I'd love to see older stuff. I have a copy of several corps from 80 prelims too

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, how did you manage to see it?

:rolleyes:

Try this:

:-)

I'm sorry of I was a bit reticent about links. The link I have I am unsure if its "official", the one here most definitely is an approved and official corps link.

I can tell yah this, Fred: If you google a year and corps name and use Google video search, you might be floored at what might come up. I've found some rather neat nuggets doing just that.

The ones I'm really looking for myself and can't find out there are Glassmen when they did their Kodaly shows and the Blue Knights Trittico programs. Other than that, there's a fair amount of material floating in the cyber-cloud.

I'm sure there are some people semi-aghast here that I'd be listening and looking for that goofy Modern stuff, but I like GOOD modern stuff, which those shows are.

I wish there were videos of 1981 around, lots of great corps that year, a very competitive season all around. I think Sky is the only group I've seen a snippet of anywhere.

Thanks, everyone!

I have now enjoyed the 1977 Cabs on YouTube. One of my favorite Cabs programs. Jimmy could really work a crowd.

I have watched this dozens of times (I once borrowed a tape copy from a friend and had it transferred to DVD). It's also one of my favorite Cabs shows of all time (especially the two drum solos). Personally, I have always felt that job was one of the best finals performances ever that didn't win a DCA Championship. That's not to take anything away from the winners, but when I watch that video, to me it embodies the Jim Costello Caballeros from start to finish. (And seeing George Tuthill in uniform conducting his "Tico, Tico" drum solo is icing on the cake for me!) :tongue:

John! Now that you're here, I have another question. :thumbup:

Your comment on GT conducting and knowing your role with Cabs Alumni and how you perform-- did the Percussion section in 1977 have a full time dedicated on field assistant conductor similar to the alumni, or was GT just conducting for the percussion for Tico-Tico? I'm always curious about how certain things were and are done. I can always learn a new trick or three, or make a suggestion with a group I work for and back it up with past practice as not being crazy to do.

You been doing well, etc!?

W, 1977 was just a bit before Frank's time in DCA. LOL.

He was a rookie with the Sunrisers in 1982. He joined the Cabs in 1990.

W, 1977 was just a bit before Frank's time in DCA. LOL.

He was a rookie with the Sunrisers in 1982. He joined the Cabs in 1990.

Interesting. I know Frank was kind of somewhere around your age and mine. I wasn;t certain which direction. Scary I was already in my 4th year of corps when Frank joined up. :tongue:

You have to admit the foggy video quality along with Geno's big 'stash and dark shades under that sombrero would lead to a possible case of mistaken ID here. :cool:

Interesting. I know Frank was kind of somewhere around your age and mine. I wasn;t certain which direction. Scary I was already in my 4th year of corps when Frank joined up. :tongue:

You have to admit the foggy video quality along with Geno's big 'stash and dark shades under that sombrero would lead to a possible case of mistaken ID here. :cool:

Can't think of his name but there was another soloist towards the end, they called him "Slim"

And Steve Racklowsi in Chico and the Man.